[Misc] Bully XL’s

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
i've got 2 cats ......never had a dog cos im out all day and the mrs works nights so the poopy picking up would be a logistical nightmare ....cats come in at the sound of a bell ,.......i walk my elderly neighbours dog , staff Labrador cross ...his names Merv....chill ,out ffs.
Syd, unfortunately you usually come across as a div on here, I’m surprised anyone takes your post’s seriously :lolol:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I have a question, why have you persisted in choosing dogs that are perceived as potentially aggressive and are pretty uncontrollable if the red mist comes down?

Not being judgemental, you may be an excellent owner with well trained and obedient dogs, just curious as to your choice of dogs.
I’ve rescued them all from incapable owners and to change perception of the breeds.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Just a couple of questions from me. Do you ever have children in your house ? (and if so, how old).

If so, are they ever in the same room as the dog when you aren't in the room ?

Yes to both, only thing I have to monitor is her size around young children in the family. She has a tendency to want to sit on laps which obviously wouldn’t work on a child

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I would worry about the extendable lead. I won't use one as I'm concerned about the ability to hold the grip. Rather than it breaking the risk is it being pulled out of your hand.
Taken on board from a previous poster, definitely a fair point and taken onboard 👍

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
May I ask what attracts you to the breed?
In general I prefer large breeds (I know I have had a staff and they are considered medium) but I just much prefer large dogs. Circumstances have lead to which breeds I’ve had with regards to which I’ve rescued. Obviously lots of research done, I’ve not just walked in and said “what have you got for me” and taken said dog.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In general I prefer large breeds (I know I have a staff and they are considered medium) but I just much prefer large dogs. Circumstances have lead to which breeds I’ve had with regards to which I’ve rescued. Obviously lots of research done, I’ve not just walked in and said “what have you got for me” and taken said dog.
Well good luck to you, you seem very enthusiastic about these type of dogs, would you give over some time locally to where you live to visit other owners and perhaps educate them in your ways?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes to both, only thing I have to monitor is her size around young children in the family. She has a tendency to want to sit on laps which obviously wouldn’t work on a child

Thank you for your honest answer. I think it's fair to say we have absolute polar opposite views on Bully XLs and children :down:

Last edited:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Well good luck to you, you seem very enthusiastic about these type of dogs, would you give over some time locally to where you live to visit other owners and perhaps educate them in your ways?
Thankyou, I’ve unfortunately a lot of owners of XL Bully’s are not open to be reasoned with. Hence my real belief that license is needed !!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
If I had my way, not only would I ban dangerous breeds, but I'd also ban those small yappy shits, purely for being obnoxious, like their owners. Just because your dog looks small and cute, doesn't mean you shouldn't train them properly. Your yappy little shit machine maybe adorable to you, but it's irritating to everyone else.
All day long.
Some stuck up woman 8 doors down from us has three frigging yapping dogs. They start around 7 AM and go on most of the day until late evening.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Your language and tone says it all. And when you say " protect the family " exactly how? You don't come across as someone responsible enough and with the right attitude to own a potentially dangerous dog.
ffs really , i would n't want to own such a dog because i wouldn't have the time to put in to training it , i'm not one of those people who would buy a dog then leave it locked up in a back garden all day while i'm at work , i like staffs as a breed , American staffs not so much and these xl bullies even less , i wouldn't have one.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nope, but I have had one in the past.
Why are you so into being 'protected' by one of these beasts? What are you afraid of that you need protection? Are they taking the place of a gun, for you?
my god you miss read just about every post of mine you chose to comment on .....where exactly did i say i need protection ...?? i said they were loyal and they would be protective of their owners/family..:rolleyes:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20230923-190126~2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports