Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bully XL’s

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Should they be banned?

Irrelevance.

They already are. They are a pit bull breed and should not be owned by anyone.

At the very least they should have a muzzling order on them.

I have no idea why anyone other than a criminal moron would want to own such an ugly, dangerous, monster. Let alone have it in the house.

I’d like to see the breed wiped out.

What say you?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I have witnessed a Bully XL attack another dog in the local pub, the fight got broke up pretty quickly, and the owners could hardly pull it back.
Anyways the dog was banned from the pub and that was several months ago, since then I saw where it lived recently I was shocked to see it in the front room of a house I passed recently with a child of about 8 in there with him, no way would that be happening ever. The wife said she saw the dog out for a walk last week near us without a muzzle on....

Needless to say, we have warned our daughter to cross over, just take precautions if she sees it, even climb on a car roof, I don't feckin care, just get the hell away from it.
Inform the police.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Two of our horses were attacked on our private land by three husky dogs. My late wife attempted to intervene and ended up collapsing due to her illness. She spent nearly a year in hospital.

With help from a lovely woman from a local horse rescue, who helped me bath the extensive wounds twice a day we saved both horses. The RCSPA got involved and filmed the state of the injuries and prosecuted the owners. We found out one of the dogs was actually insured so we're able to get substantial payout. This after costs just about paid for the treatment.

In court the RSPCA had done a superb job with evidence the owners had in fact been training these dogs to attack with video evidence of them chasing meat tied to a car. The dogs were put down. The owners were banned from owning dogs and fined.

As an animal lover, having owned small holdings with rescue animals etc I find anyone who tries to defend these idiots who want this type of dog disgusting. They ruin lives.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Immediate neighbours have got young children and an XL bully? Sorry, but that doesn't strike me as remotely decent or sensible

A neighbour of ours (not sure where but see them out) have a toddler, a baby in a pushchair and a Japanese Akita (you know, the one bred for fighting bears) all in the same house. I have never spoken to the couple, but suspect they may be idiots. I just hope it's not proven to them how brainless they are ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
So, you're walking up Mackie Avenue, Patcham, with your sweet poodle cross, minding your own business in a "nice" area (something I've done many times myself walking my friends cockapoo up that road) and then.....

These "owners" really are stupid muthafuckers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So, you're walking up Mackie Avenue, Patcham, with your sweet poodle cross, minding your own business in a "nice" area (something I've done many times myself walking my friends cockapoo up that road) and then.....

The owners must be prosecuted. T@ssers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

“I felt sorry for the man [XL bully owner]. These may be loving pets but he was completely powerless. These dogs are so strong.” A Witness. Argus.

I don’t.

He is an absolute **** for owning two ‘fashionable’ beasts he can’t control. They’ll be destroyed shortly and that’s all his fault too.

I have a colleague who lives near this incident. Herself and her partner have a similar dog to the one killed, I was very concerned that it may have been their dog this morning but it wasn’t. They have no children and would have been absolutely destroyed by this as I suspect the owner is.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Put the owners down too. They’ve had enough warnings. Time to clean the gene pool. Probably drug dealers besides.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
“I felt sorry for the man [XL bully owner]. These may be loving pets but he was completely powerless. These dogs are so strong.” A Witness. Argus.

I don’t.

He is an absolute **** for owning two ‘fashionable’ beasts he can’t control. They’ll be destroyed shortly and that’s all his fault too.

I have a colleague who lives near this incident. Herself and her partner have a similar dog to the one killed, I was very concerned that it may have been their dog this morning but it wasn’t. They have no children and would have been absolutely destroyed by this as I suspect the owner is.
Agreed. To have to witness your family pet, most would consider a family member, ripped up in front of you. Very traumatic for her. And everyone present powerless to stop it. That's the thing for me, it's no different to having a tiger as a pet - if an xl bully attacks... you cannot stop it. Utter stupidity to allow this breed to exist.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Destroy all these f***ing creatures. No exceptions.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I saw this horrific story this morning and the subsequent update that the two dogs will be destroyed, as an owner of a similar small poodle i’m alway vigilant about these XL’s, to the point that today i’ve ordered some citronella repellent spray that will now accompany me on walks.

My heart gos out to the family who’ve lost their dog to this attack and i hope the owner of the two bullies sleeps with one eye open for the foreseeable future.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I still see a fair few XL types being walked with no muzzle or sometimes no lead. Defiant look on the owners face.

Of course, I can’t be sure that they are XL’s but they certainly look like they’d happily eat me for breakfast and ask for seconds.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I saw this horrific story this morning and the subsequent update that the two dogs will be destroyed, as an owner of a similar small poodle i’m alway vigilant about these XL’s, to the point that today i’ve ordered some citronella repellent spray that will now accompany me on walks.

My heart gos out to the family who’ve lost their dog to this attack and i hope the owner of the two bullies sleeps with one eye open for the foreseeable future.
If you think citronella spray will stop an XL Bully attack then... I think you're being a tad optimistic. I've read that twisting the dog's collar as hard as possible behind it's neck (to cut air supply) might help if a smaller dog than a bully is attached to yours but again you'd have no chance of this with an XL Bully. You cannot stop a XL Bully attack unless you shoot the dog.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010

Does it work against these beasts? Last year me and my son were attacked twice at Peacehaven at the big park it was not XL but a slightly different breed No one was badly hurt but the owner was your typical dope head low IQ type who didn't even say sorry.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If you think citronella spray will stop an XL Bully attack then... I think you're being a tad optimistic. I've read that twisting the dog's collar as hard as possible behind it's neck (to cut air supply) might help if a smaller dog than a bully is attached to yours but again you'd have no chance of this with an XL Bully. You cannot stop a XL Bully attack unless you shoot the dog.
Oh, that wasn’t what i wanted to hear 😥

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Probably better off with bear spray like they sell in Canada. Or a shotgun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here