Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bugger - Training Ground delayed !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could be more landscaping and screening to satisfy the residents. I did think the electricity sub station and sewage pipes were a bit too close to the houses and may have to be re-sited and re-routed.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
map1.jpg

IMO she's being pretty reasonable. A damn sight more than the Falmer lot, anyway.
Just trying to minimize any disruptions to their tea parties.

Reads that way to me too. Of more concern, possibly, is the holding objection lodged by the Highways Agency pending further discussion with the Albion on the potential impact on the strategic road network; this prevents Adur DC granting planning permission until mid-July anyway.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Disappointed... our planning laws require an overhaul IMHO...

kano

Jun 17, 2011
It strikes me that the idea of identifying a site and then planning to take over the WHOLE area is stupid and is inviting complaints....Imagine if your an old NIMBY who lived in one of the houses that backed onto the current grassy area and had bought the house specifically so you were in a nice quiet place with somewhere you could walk your dog. You've been given ample ammunition to complain without even trying...

If someone sensible at the club had decided that instead of those 2/3 pitches that back directly onto the houses they would leave that area as open grassy space the width of a football pitch the club could probably have saved themselves a lot of hassle. NIMBYs are annoying but in this case i think the club has left themselves exposed to complaints by not applying a bit of common sense and dare i say it being slightly insensitive to the residents when drawing up the plans. If all those pitches are essential and you have to cram them in then perhaps its not the right site after all.

This from an albion fan who doesnt live anywhere near the site.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
That's all well and good but the Club will need everyone of those pitches I expect, it's facilities for the youth, first team and development team after all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It strikes me that the idea of identifying a site and then planning to take over the WHOLE area is stupid and is inviting complaints....Imagine if your an old NIMBY who lived in one of the houses that backed onto the current grassy area and had bought the house specifically so you were in a nice quiet place with somewhere you could walk your dog. You've been given ample ammunition to complain without even trying...

If someone sensible at the club had decided that instead of those 2/3 pitches that back directly onto the houses they would leave that area as open grassy space the width of a football pitch the club could probably have saved themselves a lot of hassle. NIMBYs are annoying but in this case i think the club has left themselves exposed to complaints by not applying a bit of common sense and dare i say it being slightly insensitive to the residents when drawing up the plans. If all those pitches are essential and you have to cram them in then perhaps its not the right site after all.

This from an albion fan who doesnt live anywhere near the site.

It's currently scrub land although once the pitches are laid then it will be a nice grassy area.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The club are acting in a reasonable and responsible way by dealing with concerns that to-be near neighbours have expressed.

Who knows, they may well have factored this "delay" into their plans and we could still be on track.

Lighten up, it could be worse, it could still be raining.......ohh

kano

Jun 17, 2011
It's currently scrub land although once the pitches are laid then it will be a nice grassy area.

Yea I know its scrub land but im sure people walk their dogs on there and its a place for kids to cause trouble etc....when its football pitches they will be in use most of the time presumably ...or even behind a fence.

I just don't get how someone at the club didnt think to themselves 'hmmmmm all these people in the houses around this site are used to having a big open space on their doorstep...perhaps we should factor that into our plans and leave them a bit of grass for public use' especially given our recent history with planning applications and local residents.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yea I know its scrub land but im sure people walk their dogs on there and its a place for kids to cause trouble etc....when its football pitches they will be in use most of the time presumably ...or even behind a fence.

I just don't get how someone at the club didnt think to themselves 'hmmmmm all these people in the houses around this site are used to having a big open space on their doorstep...perhaps we should factor that into our plans and leave them a bit of grass for public use' especially given our recent history with planning applications and local residents.

Whoosh.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I wouldn't want floodlit pitches built in my back garden. I know that much. I'm sure with a few changes this will be agreed and work will commence. What's strange is that the document says that the planning was drawn up in consultation with the local residents, yet the plans were still rebuffed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've said it before, so I'll say it again.

I wish the club had another sight, up it's sleeve.
Walk away from this one, leaving them in 18 months time, with 2000 houses 1250 of those being social housing.

Then lets here them complain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure the moment BHA ear-marked that lane, and made it public, it brought it to the attention of 100's of developers.

If they turned us down, I'd say the best they could hope for is a massive Morrison's.
Which would still be so much worse than some training pitches, and a low level building.

But it most definitely go to housing which infinitely worse.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It'll be fine. This was bound to happen the first time. It's all about getting the plan right now. I'm not too concerned.

I do agree that the club should be a little firmer in its messages to the local authority. Just a polite reminder that it could take the plans elsewhere.

A novel approach would be for the Albion to say it wants to build training facilities and create jobs and then ask local authorities to pitch for reasons as to why BHA should go there. In this country we really do have some strange views towards capital investment projects, job creation and progress.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've said it before, so I'll say it again.

I wish the club had another sight, up it's sleeve.
Walk away from this one, leaving them in 18 months time, with 2000 houses 1250 of those being social housing.

Then lets here them complain.

Houses being built today are getting smaller , could easily get 2,500 units squeezed into that patch of land.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here