Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bugger - Training Ground delayed !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yea I know its scrub land but im sure people walk their dogs on there and its a place for kids to cause trouble etc....when its football pitches they will be in use most of the time presumably ...or even behind a fence.

I just don't get how someone at the club didnt think to themselves 'hmmmmm all these people in the houses around this site are used to having a big open space on their doorstep...perhaps we should factor that into our plans and leave them a bit of grass for public use' especially given our recent history with planning applications and local residents.

Walk their dogs on there - you're not wrong. I've been over to that field to have a look and I can genuinely say I have never seen such a shit-infested piece of land. There is a pile of dog turd every few yards - it's absolutely disgusting and if people really let their kids play there, they ought not to. It should be sealed off on health grounds until the owners do the decent thing and pick up after their animals, as they would be expected to anywhere else.

That aside, if the residents want to have their say, that's only fair. But given the nature of the land at the moment, it's hard to see why a sensible development would be opposed.. and there could be a lot worse things than a football training ground on your doorstep, I'd have thought.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
....and there could be a lot worse things than a football training ground on your doorstep, I'd have thought.

I did note a caravan park catty-corner across the street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here