Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley signs 3 year deal for £1m (one million pounds!)

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Bucko for Benno!

AFTER tearing Cardiff City to shreds, Will Buckley unsurprisingly received the plaudits from his boss Malky Mackay.

Not usually one to single out individuals ahead of talking team, the Hornets' manager was happy to be drawn on an inspirational performance from 'Bucko'.

"We've been trying to instil that confidence in his own ability that you saw today from Will," Malky told watfordfc.com after the game.

"For him, it's about accepting he's got pace people can't live with, accepting he's got to work hard for the team, accepting we think highly of him here - and, most important of all, accepting that to make it, you've got to totally and utterly believe in yourself."

There was little sign of any lack of confidence or belief from the swash-buckling 21-year-old against the Bluebirds. The winger gave City left-back Lee Naylor a torrid 30-odd minutes right from the kick-off, so much so that Cardiff boss Dave Jones had to replace the former Celtic and Wolves defender for fear of him getting sent off, never mind skated past for the umpteenth time.

"With Will, it's about end-product, work-rate and confidence; and he's worked very hard on all of them.

"Let's not forget that he's stepped up two levels in reality, with Rochdale getting promoted that last full season he was there.

"You just can't hit the ground running at this level without a learning experience," added Malky, referring to a spell on the subs' bench for Buckley in between this current hot streak and his early-season contributions.

"More than ever right now, I think he's really starting to appreciate and get his head round what it takes to be an effective contributor in this divsion on a regular basis."

There was praise, too, for teenager Marvin Sordell after the Vicarage Road faithful watched the young striker take his season's tally to eight.

"He's got that natural ability, just like Will, and he also needs to have that belief in himself because he's just provided evidence today of why he's been involved in the squad all season," explained Malky.

"There's no question he's benefitting from working with Danny Graham up there, but I saw Marvin give the two centre-halves a really tough afternoon today.

"If he keeps working as hard for the team as he did today, he'll keep getting the rewards that brings."

Watford | News | News | Latest Headlines | REACTION: BOSS PRAISE FOR BUCKO

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
0,,10433~9723017,00.gif

Has this signing caused Gus to shrink?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Watford fans not too fussed over his departure from what I read saying Buckley is more miss than hit. Have complete faith Gus will turn him into a star though

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watford are having a fire sale at the moment. They have sold Graham to Swansea today for 3.5 m

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Wowzers. A cool £1,000,000. Like most, I wondered if I'd ever see the day. Wasn't Bennett the first time we'd paid over a 1/4 million for 25 years or something? Now look at us!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A million pound player at the Albion....how times have changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here