Buckley signs 3 year deal for £1m (one million pounds!)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Looks like the bstrd half-brother of Glennda!Hope he's got a bit more enthusiasm.Just kidding,hopefully a great signing-don't go EB,good times coming

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Looks like he has a massive head - or has Gus shrunk?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Well im just glad we are in a situation where we are going to lose a player like Benno and be able to spend £1million on a replacement. To many times before have we lost players and not been able to replace them quickly enough or anywhere near the same quality.

I think Gus will add another 4-5 before pre season starts....Exciting times though.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Bloody hell, £1000000 is a massive step for us. It really is a great signing despite what the Watford fans say. Didn't some of us say the same sort of thing about Murray? It makes you wonder who else Gus has up his sleeve. Very exciting time to be an Albion fan.

In the case of Murray it was true. It looks like Watford fans' comments are just sour grapes. As I have said before - IF Gus had wanted to keep Murray, he would have, and this proves he had the money available but chose to spend it wisely elsewhere.

bethnalgreenblue

Feb 9, 2011
Bethnal Green, London
Wonderful. Such a statement of intent from the club. In days gone by, we've been unable to replace our best players with anyone approaching similar ability and have had to start from square one. Now we've done it twice in two weeks. It shows Gus, the team and others on our shopping list that we're serious about the future, and I think this can only be a good thing even if agents and other clubs do start to try and tap us for a bit more when we come calling.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
skysports hd breaking news Brighton sign winger Will Buckley from Watford for £1 Million

never thought id see Brighton on the yellow tickertape buying for that sort of money , will no doubt have raised a few out of contract players eyebrows

Porkydale

Jun 6, 2011
That thread gets quite funny a bit later on when some bloke says we bought Leroy Lita for £1.5m. The follow up posts rip the piss.

Not for the faint hearted our board for sure,we are now officially your feeder club so why dont you come and buy off us direct instead of paying the middle man.Good luck to Will though i dont think he will need it ,cracking signings him Noone and Hoskins all class players .Look forward to the new ground sometime this season to see how they are playing. Up the Dale

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Has that been doctored? Murray didn't score at Watford, Barnes did.

That has been doctored or made up if you look at it closely - things about "I hope Murray never leaves us for our bitterest rivals" etc and very pointed comments about one particular player.
It's a wind up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports