Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley signs 3 year deal for £1m (one million pounds!)

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Makes me wonder if we'll see the figure we receive for Bennett. Not often you see the club officially announce how much we've spent on a player.
I full expect to see a price tag put on Bennett's impending transfer by the club.

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
Not to put a downer on things but my friend is a Watford fan and he says he's not very good, very unconsistant. But I really hope he is wrong. IMO a good signing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who the hell is this Gav? Utter embarrassment seeing his posts pop up on other forums

Used to post on NSC before given a lifetime ban for being a knobber , now uses various other accounts to post drivel.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£500k for Hoskins , £1M for Buckley , this could be the start of something big. Another half a dozen players still to come.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Not to put a downer on things but my friend is a Watford fan and he says he's not very good, very unconsistant. But I really hope he is wrong. IMO a good signing.

He is young, bound to be UNconsistent. He was also their young player of the year. Sour grapes methinks.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
So reading into the Watford site, they are happy to let him go and the lad cannot score for toffee....but he is supposed to have been one for the future...potential future Premiership star, bags of potential and for me, at 22 he is young, developing and eager to sign onto the Gus Bus!!

f***ing AWESOME signing...I am now officially back in the Be-Right-on zone!!

if we get KLL...ohhhhhh MUMMA!!!
:amex:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Unfortunately, that can be the case with most young players. Look at Wiltshire the other night. It is Gus' job to ensure he has more good ones than average or bad ones. It is never easy for wingers either. Like strikers, they need to be given the ball at the right time and in the right places to shine.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Any player who is shortlisted on the Championship young player of the year award is fine by me! I'm in no situation
to pretend I know how good he is as I've only seen him once but If Gus is willing to splash that kind of dosh then excellent. Not many teams have a chairman who is willing to spend that kind of cash before even moving into the new stadium. We are so lily right now.

Also it's worth noting we have financial RAPED Watford here. They HAVE to sell at the moment and were probably desperate for a few clubs to create a bidding war to bump the price for an exciting young talent.

I just can't wait to see a QUICK front 3 on the EPIC Amex pitch. Noone, Hoskins, Buckley, Lua Lua (still hoping for a loan), Barnes.

Exciting times

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Gus is not stupid, he has brought in 2 very pacy players. The club I admired most in the championship was swansea, you need pace to compete in the championship. I think the gav bloke talks sense(no, it's not me). The wide pitch will be an asset. We need a pacy CB with experience and a player that can play LB/RB. At least one striker and an attacking/playmaking midfielder. Then I will be very confident about next season. Then KLL will be the icing on the cake.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Wait and see how he is after a bit of coaching from Gus, Tanno and Charlie. If the lad has the raw materials I'm confident they'll get the best out of him. The system Gus plays seems to bring out the best in most players

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
So Watford have banked a cool £4.5m in 24hrs, assuming Graham agrees personals with Swansea. I wonder how much of that Mackay will see.......

albertbilbert

Jul 15, 2009
Horsham
When we first discovered interest in Buckley I had a quick look on that Watford forum and this thread was on the main board...

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?t=37712&highlight=season

Its a prediction thread for next season. Seems like a lot of those Watford fans had higher expectations of us than they are letting on now.

A lot are saying that we will effectively do a Norwich. Now, even the most optimistic Brighton fan that I know has tentatively predicted playoffs.

All this talk of arrogant Brighton fans seems a bit baseless to me. Nobody I know is predicting us to take the Championship by storm. Most have predicted mid table. The only reason people seem to have for going off us Brighton fans is that we keep going on about our potential and our new stadium. So what? We do have potential, and we do have a new stadium. After 15 years in the shitter and Gillingham and Withdean I think weve earned the right to be a little optimistic.

Out of Brighton and Watford, we all know which club is on the up and which isnt. Clearly Buckley does too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here