Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley signs 3 year deal for £1m (one million pounds!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One million pounds!

dr-evil.jpg

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Sheesh! Beats a pile of shirts and a quarter of strawberry bonbons for OGH.

Serious money, serious player and seriously good news - he will shine for us under Gus' tutelage.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Christ. £1m pounds. Never thought i'd see the day we pay that sort of money for a player.

Exactly what I was thinking. Wouldn't be surprised if this fee was surpassed in the next few weeks!

Welcome to the big time!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
On another note, anyone think the timing of this is somewhat strange with Bennett imminently on his way? When we lost Murray there seemed to be a pretty conscious effort to have a player lined up soon (hours) AFTER to alleviate some of the annoyance. Makes me wonder if we've got another coming in when we confirm the Bennett transfer. Probably just wishful thinking mind and given what we've just paid for Buckley that should be enough of a comfort when the Bennett transfer is sorted!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And the 'Young Player Of The Year' of an established Championship club to boot.

In a small way doesn't this make it even more unlikely Gus would leave the Albion? You'd expect he'd want to be around to see how the 2 hotshots he's been tracking for ages get on in the Championship.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Seems a bit weird that the club didn't give the bad news first again like last time... Hopefully this means Benno is staying! *clutching at straws*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here