Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bryan Gil

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Tbf didn't Ansu Fati need persuading to come on loan to us too? IIRC De Zerbi had to convince him personally.

Given how many AMs and wingers we're expecting back from injury and internationals in the coming weeks, I don't think it's too out of order for him to want to know how the manager intends to use him. If he just ends up sat on our bench as soon as Fati, Adingra, Mitoma etc. are back, that would be worse for his career than sitting on the Spurs bench for the rest of this season, because he'll be perceived as having failed to nail down a place at two clubs instead of one.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Once he sees that beautiful mustard roll neck glinting in the afternoon sunlight then glances down and eyeballs those fluffed up suede jumbo cords,there won't be much persuasion needed.

"Hi Bryan"
"Stop Paul you had me at Hi"

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
:lolol:

Brilliant, pile on the guy based on one tweet that might have absolutely no substance whatsoever responding to our supposed interest in the player that might also have no substance whatsoever!
Incredible isn't it? It's all bullshit but people take it as gospel. And if the article had claimed "Gill would jump at the chance to join Brighton" imagine the Spurs reaction if he didnt end up going. Thank God the window closes today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Brilliant, pile on the guy based on one tweet that might have absolutely no substance whatsoever responding to our supposed interest in the player that might also have no substance whatsoever!
Probably is complete bollocks… like 95% of the transfer window…

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I don't get this Bryan Gil stuff - he doesn't seem to fit in with our transfer strategy at any level. He's fairly average, and definitely lightweight. We have obvious gaps on the wings, but he's not really an effective wide player. Plus we know that Mitoma and Adingra will be back in a few weeks, and apparently Fati and Enciso some time in Feb, too. I think it's all bollocks!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't get this Bryan Gil stuff - he doesn't seem to fit in with our transfer strategy at any level. He's fairly average, and definitely lightweight. We have obvious gaps on the wings, but he's not really an effective wide player. Plus we know that Mitoma and Adingra will be back in a few weeks, and apparently Fati and Enciso some time in Feb, too. I think it's all bollocks!
Seems like a weird RDZ one. He made a point of saying how good he was after the spurs match and he rarely comments on other players.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
still on, no buy option according to the mail

"After arriving from Sevilla for £21m in 2021, he has made four starts in the league in total for Spurs. Gil has been sent out on loan to Valencia and back to Sevilla in that period.
Gil has also failed to score and has registered just two assists across three seasons"

I hope he sticks to his guns then, I am not enamoured with those stats.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
"After arriving from Sevilla for £21m in 2021, he has made four starts in the league in total for Spurs. Gil has been sent out on loan to Valencia and back to Sevilla in that period.
Gil has also failed to score and has registered just two assists across three seasons"

I hope he sticks to his guns then, I am not enamoured with those stats.
He has hardly played in England, there is a good player there, debatable if he is tough enough for the PL

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

It’s a wig.

Terry Connor

Oct 21, 2022
We operate with 2 squad members per position. Solly is out for the season and we haven't replaced him in the squad, so he would be a short-term replacement for him. As a strategy, that makes sense. The issue is whether he is good enough, not the strategy.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If it's true that he 'needs persuading', is 'happy at Spurs' and we won't have a buy option, I hope we have moved on... Clearly surplus to requirements there, even with Son away. He'd be bloody lucky to get the opportunity to play for us.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
If it's true that he 'needs persuading', is 'happy at Spurs' and we won't have a buy option, I hope we have moved on... Clearly surplus to requirements there, even with Son away. He'd be bloody lucky to get the opportunity to play for us.

Short-term cover to the end of the season innit? We don’t have to love him, he just has to do a job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here