Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Forget

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I respectfully ask that if anyone knows anyone that is in any way involved in this abuse that they speak to them and make them aware that it needs to stop immediately. It is completely unacceptable

FFS we are better than this.
Bruno is Albion through n through and a class act.
Who would even have the presence to do this is totally beyond me, its crass and unacceptable.
Grow up you retards, whoever you are...

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Feel terrible for Bruno and ashamed if he’s been getting abuse / death threats. That’s totally unacceptable. Other than NSC, I don’t do social media any more - so many idiots & so much vitriol on there. I would suggest Bruno switches off social media for a while, at least!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, UK royals, or Boris Johnson, or Vladimir Putin, or Donald Trump, or Joe Biden, hell I've even said bad things about Jesus.

Its not the same thing. Don't pull the ****ing "you're mean to the Queen" thing on this. Bruno is a bloke living in your city. He's not some world famous guy everybody is talking about where every word just disappears in the grey mass - he's just a family father who happened to be good at football, liked your club and moved your city. Just a guy. All the "there's consequences to moving to Chelsea" or "well shrug a hateful note in his home city, what do you think would happen in Italy?" is just ****ing nonsense. All the caps lock shit calling him a traitor, wanker and a judas, and saying "you're not welcome here anymore" in borderline threatening tones... Completely unacceptable and I hope the club is going to take measures against the worst cases, including some of the comments on NSC last week.

You hadn’t been on ncs very long at all and you were hating people from other parts of the UK, using tropes.

Kindness isn’t reserved only for Potter and Bruno.

Lessons to be learned by many.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is the same "it is wrong but..." take Guinness Boy had when he was trying to justify the note on the door last week, and it is utterly wrong and embarrassing.

It is horseshit. Both your reaction and GBs "How do you think AC Milan Ultras would react to an AC Milan legend moving to Juve after six games of the best season they've ever seen along with every first team coach? Brighton fans are way too nice a lot of the time" are absolutely shit takes despite wrong in a sentence that it is wrong. Luckily for you I don't have any power here because I would ban you permanently. You're part of the problem, just as several other NSC members were last week. Don't deflect it to Twitter or Instagram. Sure, no death threats here, but plenty of pure hatred and acceptance towards unacceptable actions. It was truly embarrassing to watch.

I hope for the future some lessons have been learned.

Well done for settling a personal score on NSC when we're discussing death threats and misunderstanding it for at least the third time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
FFS we are better than this.
Bruno is Albion through n through and a class act.
Who would even have the presence to do this is totally beyond me, its crass and unacceptable.
Grow up you retards, whoever you are...

“We”? I wouldn’t associate yourself AR in anyway shape or form. Equally I’m not going to use by association words like “ashamed”. Nope, these jokers are in a class of their own. And for all we know, they might be kids in bedrooms the other side of the world. One “threat” is too many, but I’m sure the “threats” are of our time eg click/send which can be confidently ignored. Cyber cowards are lazy ****s, tend only to threaten lives if doesn’t involve moving their mass from a chair. Slightly more sinister if old skool cut out newspapers used. That takes effort and is probably beyond these cretins.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Any abuse is unwarranted and should cease.
However, actions have consequences and when you are a relatively public figure and recognisable and contactable by a large number of people, it's likely that a small number will abuse you if you upset them. It's not right but it happens. It was entirely predictable.
As stated above he could cease using social media. Living in Brighton makes direct abuse a problem (I am not sure if this has actually happened).
My personal opinion is that he should have shown the club more loyalty than he did and on balance it is probably the wrong move for him. I do see that its not a clear cut decision. Again he will have to live with the consequences of that decision.
I do feel sorry for any of his family impacted by this.

I think you need to read what i wrote again. I wasn't trying to justify the abuse. I was just pointing out that it was to some degree a predictable outcome from the decision that was made. We don't live in a perfect world. Whether we like it or not, every action we take has consequences. Some of them can be predicted.

Yeah, that was what GB said as well, he was equally unable to see how he was making excuses on behalf of the wankers.

However, actions have consequences and when you are a relatively public figure and recognisable and contactable by a large number of people, it's likely that a small number will abuse you if you upset them. It's not right but it happens. It was entirely predictable.
As stated above he could cease using social media. Living in Brighton makes direct abuse a problem (I am not sure if this has actually happened).
My personal opinion is that he should have shown the club more loyalty than he did and on balance it is probably the wrong move for him. I do see that its not a clear cut decision. Again he will have to live with the consequences of that decision.

When a bloke has received death threats for changing jobs, do you think it is appropriate to say "it is bad... but actions have consequences". You think it is reasonable? You think it is reasonable to throw in a "my personal opinion is that he had shown the club more loyalty", in this context? Do you understand how it can be seen as a speech defending these wankers (if only to some extent) by people reading it, and by people affected by it?

****ing hell, I'm going out drinking.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm pretty certain I read a credible quote at the time that the club said there would always be a job for Bruno.

Maybe my wild imagination conjured that up :shrug:

Anyway, it still seems unlikely they would turf him out.

As for the rest, well really people should have moved on now from death threat levels of anger.

The abuse and death threats are just appalling.

A sorry tale all in all.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yeah, that was what GB said as well, he was equally unable to see how he was making excuses on behalf of the wankers.

When a bloke has received death threats for changing jobs, do you think it is appropriate to say "it is bad... but actions have consequences". You think it is reasonable? You think it is reasonable to throw in a "my personal opinion is that he had shown the club more loyalty", in this context? Do you understand how it can be seen as a speech defending these wankers (if only to some extent) by people reading it, and by people affected by it?

****ing hell, I'm going out drinking.

Personally I think you have some valid points about the post you're highlighting, but I don't think you are winning many over with the way you present your argument, and trying to bring in some personal argument from another thread and another time really isn't helping :shrug:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just had a look at his goodbye message on Instagram, about 350 comments all positive and which he had personally gone through and liked them all.

Hopefully that is enough to realise it’s a very small minority presumably on another platform (unless they’ve been deleted)

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It’s obvious that Bruno had little choice in the matter. He has a family and he needs to provide for them. That’s his first priority. When Potter left, Brighton obviously couldn’t give Bruno assurances regarding his future. That would be dependent on the new coach’s wishes and he may not have wanted Bruno to stay. So it’s clear he had to accept the offer from Chelsea.
It’s gut wrenching for us Brighton fans but anyone giving him abuse should hang their head in shame.
I really hope him and his family can stay living in Hove.
I tried to say this on social media regarding the lack of guarantee he would be wanted by a new head coach here. its awful that he has received abuse for putting his family first, I for one would like us to remain a managerial vacancy he may be interested in should our paths cross again.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Feel terrible for Bruno and ashamed if he’s been getting abuse / death threats. That’s totally unacceptable. Other than NSC, I don’t do social media any more - so many idiots & so much vitriol on there. I would suggest Bruno switches off social media for a while, at least!

I would suggest there's a good few on here!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I have some information to share that has come from a source very close to Bruno . I can’t tell you who , but it is a very close source to him and this is not speculation by me this is factual . This information is first hand .

Bruno did not wish to leave the club but he understandably could not be given any guarantees that whoever the new manager is would want to keep him in his senior coaching role . Bruno’s ultimate aim is to become a manager in his own right . Because if this he decided it was best to accept the offer to move with Potter along with the increased financial offer which was too good to turn down .

Ok that bit is probably not anything that most fans couldn’t guess however the next bit is the most important -

Bruno has been receiving a lot of abuse since his decision to move as well as death threats and whilst Bruno and his family are still living in Brighton , they are seriously considering whether they should move out of our city because of the amount and level of abuse .

I want to say that as Brighton fans , we are far better than this and no one should be directing any abuse towards him full stop .

I was ashamed when I heard this . I respectfully ask that if anyone knows anyone that is in any way involved in this abuse that they speak to them and make them aware that it needs to stop immediately. It is completely unacceptable.

Thank you for reading .

Why are you ashamed ? You can’t be held responsible for something you didn’t do.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just had a look at his goodbye message on Instagram, about 350 comments all positive and which he had personally gone through and liked them all.

Hopefully that is enough to realise it’s a very small minority presumably on another platform (unless they’ve been deleted)

Good post. Every club has a group of utter ****s for fans. Some clubs (I’m looking at you Leeds) have way more than their fair share, but some have very few; we are one of those clubs.

It’s very sad that their message seems to have got through. But when Bruno has enough experience to apply for a manager role at our club (and let’s face it, he is learning from one of the best), I’ll welcome him back with open arms.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
HWT mentioned not being on twitter because of how he viewed it.

I have to say that once again I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing on here given some of the 'bitchy and spiteful' posts (to use your words) by the usual suspects on here in recent days. They just don't stop ... it's the same nonsense on repeat like an old stuck vinyl record!

I don't expect to agree with everyone on here on all subjects ... but when the comments go to the level seen on the provocative thread about what we will all be doing on Monday ... masturbating for example ... I just don't understand what sort of world these people live in! I certainly don't want to be in that world!

There is a sufficient density and volume of decent people on here to make it worthwhile.

The malignant are in a minority (happy to share my 'ignore' list :lolol:).

Stick with it (NSC). It's a great forum :thumbsup:

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Once again, death threats should be reported to the Police asap and online abuse condemned, but, as it stands ... an entire thread full of opinions based on hearsay with no verifiable evidence of even one threatening or abusive/unacceptable comment apparently posted online plus some bloke from Sweden trying to push an agenda.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not misunderstanding anything.

You just don't know what you are and how you behave.

Well only one of us has written on here about wanting to kill someone and going round carrying a knife. And it wasn't me.

The point of the post you half quote is relevant though. Scrawling a badly written note and leaving it on a restaurant window isn't even close to a bunch of Ultras turning up at your house or training ground. It's bad but that's probably the extent of the act. Same with these internet "death threats". Almost always some speccy kid in his mum's bedroom taking out his disappointment the only way he knows how. Bad? Yes. Disgraceful? Yes. Large group of men outside the house with burning pitchforks? Not quite. It's happened when people have done bad "fouls" (Maupay) or missed penalties or got sent off and it's almost always someone on the other side of the world, someone under 16 whose brain is still developing or some mentally-sub-normal labourer with no friends.

Bruno left for the reasons [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] highlighted, something I wrote on here too. That doesn't mean I accepted it particularly. Others will still be coming to terms with it. It'll settle down once we've got a new manager and be forgotten about apart from when we play Chelsea after that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Once again, death threats should be reported to the Police asap and online abuse condemned, but, as it stands ... an entire thread full of opinions based on hearsay with no verifiable evidence of even one threatening or abusive/unacceptable comment apparently posted online plus some bloke from Sweden trying to push an agenda.

Presumably Bruno will have reported the death threats to the police. It should be pretty easy to identify the perpetrators so as a police matter why is it being discussed on NSC ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here