Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno out for several weeks - oh dear

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maksimeko may prove to be ok, he looked alright against Norwich but the rest are not good enough in any position other than March and nobody is ready for the first team regularly.

Having said that March and JFC may be ok for the cup game against Newport

I agree. Although others are getting closer.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Personally prefer Calde to Bruno anyway. Bruno seems to have been injured since mid last season and I am assuming this why he hasn't had a decent game since his first injury lay off last year. Calde a much better defender and won't make mistakes that leads to goal scoring opportunities every game!!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I predict we will have 3 - 4 new signings around 9pm - 10pm on Transfer Deadline Day, if the last 3 transfer window are anything to go by, and Naylor drip feeding information like a prat.

I think Gus always had a problem with Calde's defensive game, which is why Bruno was signed. Alas Calde did stand off Bolasie too much in that fateful game and was given too much time to send over that killer cross. But of course Calde can do a job, but when the heat is on against the best teams in the league?

Bruno's form and fitness must be an additional concern now.

So is this one of Oscar's first big problems, two right-backs who potentially might not be the answer to our promotion hopes - or is it someone else responsible for saying yay or nay and organising the signings now?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Shame to se him injured again but he has been half the player since his layoff last season.

Was hoping a pre season and a month or so back in the side would bring him back to near his best, unfortunately looks like he is turning into a sicknote.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bruno was woeful defensively on Saturday.

Calderon, who is the better defender back to right back and give the Latvian chap a game or 2, until we sort out the obvious, since Bridge went to Reading, issue at left back.

Im glad you agree. Can you believe some people couldnt see this!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's stop making do with players playing out of position. Time to get the cheque book out and buy the left back we need. An experienced one.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Neither Calderon or Bruno are good enough players for a side with aspirations of the PL. Both are poor defensively. We only got some stability at the back when Spanish Dave moved to full back and teamed up with Bridge.
A combo of Calde, Bruno, Chicksen and Maksi is a recipe for disaster. Teams will get behind us and cause havoc.
Perhaps Oscar will be looking at bringing in Juan Marca from Barca or Solly Overlappenberg from Maccabi TA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here