Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno out for several weeks - oh dear

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Stuart Tuck is still playing, give him a call, how about Mayo? must be at a lose end tomorrow night?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sign a LB NOW. Should have done so weeks ago..

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
i want the left back to be a 'Garcia man' - now is the time to raid Barca B, or nab some Israeli monster.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
We could Lopez at Right-Back and Orlandi at Left-back, with Buckley and KLL infront of them. There'd be goals at both ends

Orlandi is not strong enough to be a left back. He was getting muscled off the ball by Leeds on Saturday. Bruno has been awful for months. If its all injury related, he needs to retire. Too much of a liability. LB must be a priority now if Oscar won't play Maksimenko.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Lopez at right back would suit me, he found his season form by reverting back in the home game (forget who that was against?). But its evident even from current form we need a new full back, one of the prem elite must have a youngster to loan?!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We should buy a LB IMHO. Just a huge gap in our squad.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Need to start seeing some OG signings now...quality players as he has mentioned to cover identified weak areas (b4) Bruno injury.

Then we will see how far we can go.. As TB has said budget is same as last year etc...

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Have never been too impressed with Bruno's defending, he was great going forward the first half of last year but then injuries took hold and we didn't see much of him at all. Always preferred Calderon at right back because I think he's better defensively, and still offers something pushing forward and over lapping the winger. Annoying Bruno is out again as we're quite short for full back cover, but not too worried about missing him in particular, if that makes sense.

i want the left back to be a 'Garcia man' - now is the time to raid Barca B, or nab some Israeli monster.

The Barca B squad is quite light this year, next to no chance of getting anyone in from there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
May explain why Bruno was so poor on Saturday> Worse game I have seen him play for a long time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I hope Tony and Oscar are reading this. They should have thought of this already - bring back Gus!!!

Toys would already be out of pram if Gus was still in charge. "Want budget. Want it NOW!"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bring someone through from Dev squad.

Maksimeko may prove to be ok, he looked alright against Norwich but the rest are not good enough in any position other than March and nobody is ready for the first team regularly.

Having said that March and JFC may be ok for the cup game against Newport

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here