Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bruce gone

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Last time this happened Jim Davidson took over. Worth an outside bet.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The new owners obviously thought to let Steve Bruce manage his 1,000th match before giving him the chop. How decent of them. I hope he takes some time out now to enjoy himself - maybe the Ashes if they're allowing England fans into Australia? (although I doubt that). A very decent man and I do have sympathy for how it's all ended for him with the club he's always supported.

In January they'll no doubt try to sign the likes of Alexandre Lacazette, Mesut Òzil, Gonzalo Higuaìn, Paul Pogba and other footballing mercenaries.

And new boss to be Frank Lampard. :laugh:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::bowdown:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's uncanny how similar his records were at Sunderland and Newcastle:

Sunderland P98 W29 D28 L41 Finished 13th, then 10th.
Newcastle P97 W28 D28 L41 Finished 13th, then 12th.

Stayed at both for just over 2 years. Both times hired in early summer, sacked in the autumn.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure with the arrival of the Saudi cash Mr abuse will have been more than adequately compensated for his job. He won't need to work again, unlike those in the 48 Lloyds branches that are set to close.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's uncanny how similar his records were at Sunderland and Newcastle:

Sunderland P98 W29 D28 L41 Finished 13th, then 10th.
Newcastle P97 W28 D28 L41 Finished 13th, then 12th.

Stayed at both for just over 2 years. Both times hired in early summer, sacked in the autumn.

Did Sunderland bin him off with a Biffa truck rammed with £7m? :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The horsepunchers will certainly be expecting a BIG NAME to be brought in. But with a bang-average winless squad languishing 2nd from bottom, I'm not sure there will be many high-profile, successful (available) coaches queuing round SJP to take over at this moment in time. And now is not really the time to be taking a punt on a young, unproven manager.

I so much hope they go on a 10-week Spurs-type odyssey drifting along trying desperately to find someone - anyone - to rescue them from a shambles. This could be fun.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Praying they make an ill judged appointment for the next manager and they get relegated! Fonseca is a gamble & Howe got Bmuff relegated..

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Didn't particularly care for Mr Bruce, but I think he's been treated extremely badly. I now hope all at new castle(yes I know, there is a space) get what they deserve with relegation confirmed by March...or any one of our wing backs:p

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Eddie Howe will get the job as about 4th choice ... never been relegated apart from ... when he got relegated playing open attacking football ...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Allegedly £8m compensation

"And here they are, they’re so appealing, OK Saudis, do your dealing.”

"He's got a lot. What a lot he's got."

"Wasn't that a shame."

RIP Bruce.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Didn't particularly care for Mr Bruce, but I think he's been treated extremely badly. I now hope all at new castle(yes I know, there is a space) get what they deserve with relegation confirmed by March...or any one of our wing backs:p

Managers get sacked all the time anyway, I bet that Bruce gave a little jig of joy when he heard it was the Saudi's buying Newcastle, probably double or even treble the compo that he would have got if he had been shafted by Ashley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here