Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brookes worst ref in prem?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I see De Zerbi has said he doesn’t like 80% of English referees. He’s completely right. All Premier League referees are arrogant with no obvious understanding of football.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm not sure about this referee today but what is shocking is the lack of consistency from ref to ref.

Against Fulham the ref blew to stop play every time a Fulham played laid prone on the pitch , today the ref waived play on when Joao Pedro laid down clutching his head. What is the actual rule concerning this and why is it not applied consistently across the Prem ?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm not sure about this referee today but what is shocking is the lack of consistency from ref to ref.

Against Fulham the ref blew to stop play every time a Fulham played laid prone on the pitch , today the ref waived play on when Joao Pedro laid down clutching his head. What is the actual rule concerning this and why is it not applied consistently across the Prem ?
He was clutching his back, having had 2 knees smashed into it.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
He was ok by Prem standards. Way better than Salisbury, Atwell and Bankes, better than Taylor, on a par with Mariner, Atkinson and a few others. We could have had a pen and they could have had a couple more yellows.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought he did alright really.

didn’t have match to do and ignored a lot of histrionics from Pedro and a few of their players.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ref was dreadful surprised to see how many are defending him. The red card aside, we weredenied a clear handball pen, the yellow cards were not dished out evenly. Once he sent Dahoud off he was giving them everything.

That said we should have been clear at halftime, but there isn’t way I‘m cutting the ref any slack for his second half performance

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The general standard of the referees in the league is dreadful. It seems they have got so much worse in the last few years and probably since the introduction of VAR

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Shit ref It was his fault that our CB's couldn't see beyond the 5 yard pass to midfield all day, especially as the forward 4 were making great runs.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The Blades supporters hated him until the red card, increasing angry at his 'Albion bias'.

He was fine today.

But the NSC tradition after a non-win, days of blaming the ref. Now, where's that Ignore Thread button?
I loved their 'Premier League, corrupt as fook', chant 🤣 I know we're a bigger club than we were not so long ago but I didn't realise we'd reached the dizzy heights of being a super club that the PL is supposedly bias towards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here