Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brookes worst ref in prem?

Easy not to whinge when you don't have any bad decisions against you.
I presume you havnt seen any Spurs games this season then; Palace scored against spurs with an arm, brentford and arsenal both got penalties that were at best generous, disallowed goals by the boatload by toenail and eyelash - everyone has moans, dont come out with that standard 'corruption!' horseshit, you're not a deluded scouser (unless you are, in which case i apologise)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had no issue with any decisions he made, bar the handball shout (for which he had a poor angle, and needed help from VAR). Getting the individual calls correct though is only half the story - managing the players / game effectively is part of the job, and he was / is pretty shit at that part. I'd imagine that was the crux of RDZ's comments.

Smug / arrogant refs who will not engage in any (reasonable) dialogue with the players, rarely command their respect.

But his attitude led to our players overstepping the mark with their whinging and histrionics - meaning that by the end of the game (basically everything after the red card) he hated them all, and we were getting NOTHING.

Joao Pedro in particular must be a nightmare to referee. I think I'd give him nothing, because if he ever was actually fouled or hurt, I just wouldn't trust myself to believe him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, it was a penalty and that's exactly what VAR is supposed to be for. Apparently, they didn't review because his arm was by his side, except that it wasn't, of course. If they had looked properly they would have seen his arm well away from his body and a penalty all day long.
Exactly

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
If I was a cynical man I’d wonder if all of these var controversies are made up to generate more tv time and clicks and listens etc.

There is now a whole programme dedicated to var failures and the referees are the stars!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here