[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The WHAT? :lolol:

It's the right decision. Keep her out. You make your bed with scum like IS and you have to lie in it.

I bet you've just fallen off your chair.

(Checks)

No, still in it.

Glad you agree with me, though. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
She was 15 a long time ago god knows what she could of been plotting, she been embedded with some of the scummiest and dangerous people on the planet for six years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We all made huge mistakes when we were younger. I just think that at 15 she made a catastrophic mistake. Should she
be penalised for the rest of her life? I'm not sure, but I can think of a lot worse people kicking around in society or in prison
with far, far too short a sentence.

This. Deeper question needs asking: how come her and her teenage mates appear to have been given a nod and a wink and allowed to pass through every border and checkpoint between East London and Northern Syria? ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am so glad you were not running WW2, or any other security threat.
Excuse me if I'm not fussed about the opinion of a walking Daily Express mouthpiece who thinks he's centre ground.

We are, after all, talking about one 15 year old girl who was ideologically deluded and left the UK for a few months after which she realised her mistake.

So yeah I can definitely see what you mean why me giving her the benefit of the doubt is an almost identical situation to me having to make political decisions involving fighting a highly-militarised enemy led by a murderous far-right maniacal racist, and debating the wisdom of cosying up to a blood-thirsty, totalitarian communist tyrant in order to achieve victory.

Another absolutely outstanding point made by your good self there. :rolleyes:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I understand where you are coming from. Whilst I really wish that she could come back to the UK, I accept the collectivist and utilitarianism argument the government made in their appeal to the supreme court; if she was allowed back, it'd be a green light to the other 150 British nationals who have been banned on the grounds of national security and actually pose a real threat. Begum is not a national security threat in herself but will stand as an example to young Muslim women of what can happen if you let yourself be infected with the hatred of extremism.

The problem I have with this is as follows: imagine a scenario where a 15 year old middle class white kid becomes indoctrinated with white power hate, and trots off to the USA to join a camp run by the KKK where he learns to create nail bombs, specifically to be placed in black areas of London. Then our authorities find out what he's doing and refuse him entry back into the country at Heathrow while they consider the implications of doing so. Can you imagine any scenario whatsoever where that boy is unrepentant but wants entry back into the country and is refused?

Of course not. Qwhite an interesting difference isn't it?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The problem I have with this is as follows: imagine a scenario where a 15 year old middle class white kid becomes indoctrinated with white power hate, and trots off to the USA to join a camp run by the KKK where he learns to create nail bombs, specifically to be placed in black areas of London. Then our authorities find out what he's doing and refuse him entry back into the country at Heathrow while they consider the implications of doing so. Can you imagine any scenario whatsoever where that boy is unrepentant but wants entry back into the country and is refused?

Of course not. Qwhite an interesting difference isn't it?
The problem with that scenario is that it hasn't happened.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The WHAT? :lolol:

It's the right decision. Keep her out. You make your bed with scum like IS and you have to lie in it.

I bet you've just fallen off your chair.

I praise the attempt at new cliches though, Wammons ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It’d be nice if it were something we could all agree on, but the post a few above this one (#832) doesn’t inspire confidence.

Another example of the country being more divided than it has ever been for a long long time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think we can all agree it's a shame she didn't get hit by a bomb while she was out there. Would save us all from debating this poxy legal minefield.

I wouldn’t wish it on anyone to be hit by a bomb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports