[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's go to the bear pit and chat about this like adults.....

If you believe in this.....

Yes, no sympathy or empathy from me.....

Yes, that picture justifies murdering people. Sorry, executing children. Sorry, terrorists :facepalm:

Thank **** we have a sort of parliamentary democracy and don't decide individual issues by referendum.

Hang on....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think she’d have quite an interesting story to tell. Of course, a fitting punishment should be administered but her story could well educate others. Even if that story is told from behind bars.
I for one would be willing to hear it.

You would have no concerns regarding the frankness, candour and ingenuousness of such a heartfelt tale of woe?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
It is not a question of what we ,or the government think should happen. It is a question of what the law allows. Right now the appeal court rules that she must have the right to appear and fight her case.
We know that sometimes the law can be an ass, but I would rather live in a country subject to the rule of laws than one that does not.
I read that the government are seeking leave to appeal the appeal.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You would have no concerns regarding the frankness, candour and ingenuousness of such a heartfelt tale of woe?

I would have several concerns about the subject, I’d like to hear the story though.
Of course, part of her story would be the trial and subsequent punishment. All things that might make others stop and think.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Ok, let's not look at the horrors that she did (possibly still does) believe infidels deserve this, lets blank out the innocent lives lots to stupid religious bigotry. I think it is highly relevant, and if you don't that is your opinion, no better or more valid than mine....

The horrors of religious ideology should never be forgotten or airbrushed from our memories. They are sick and disgusting, everytime i see images like that I remember how sick,stupid and pointless it all is. Sometimes people are just bad, not all them can be understood or helped with therapy and, trying to understanding where they came from at the point in time.....

If you see that image at any age and think, yeah that's right, he deserved that, I can believe in a cause that will do that to another human. To me you ARE BEYOND HELP REASONING & UNDERSTANDING, oh they were young is a lame excuse, that they will cling to as a defence, that we give them to attempt to understand where they come from, when it is pointless....

just my thoughts, i am no expert, just a human, who could not buy into or understand why...

Why are you associating that image with her? Are you now holding her accountable for all the atrocities committed in the name of that religion? Are all those who follow the Catholic or Protestant faith accountable for the atrocities that happened in Northern Ireland. Are all Irish Catholics accountable for the bombings on English soil?

That image has nothing to do with Shamima Begum. When you say "let's look at the horrors that she did"
ok why don't we? What horrors did she commit exactly?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think any arguments over her specifically are complete deflections from what is a very important legal issue. Personally I have absolutely no sympathy for her and don't care whether SHE is brought back here, keeps her citizenship, whatever. I don't think she deserves any sympathy.

But the process for which her citizenship was stripped does, for me, set quite a dangerous precedent. She was not a citizen of Bangladesh, but was ENTITLED to be one. By stripping her of her citizenship, we are in effect saying that there are degrees of British citizenship - and that those entitled to citizenship from somewhere else are not as British as those who aren't.

My sons are entitled to be Irish citizens, although they are not. Obviously they are not going to go and join a horrendous terrorist cult so I appreciate this is pure conjecture - but the legal implication of this is that, despite being born in Britain and (probably) growing up to consider themselves British first and foremost, they could be deported to Ireland where they might never have been (ok, again they have been there) or have any connections on the decision of a judge or politician in the future.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think any arguments over her specifically are complete deflections from what is a very important legal issue. Personally I have absolutely no sympathy for her and don't care whether SHE is brought back here, keeps her citizenship, whatever. I don't think she deserves any sympathy.

But the process for which her citizenship was stripped does, for me, set quite a dangerous precedent. She was not a citizen of Bangladesh, but was ENTITLED to be one. By stripping her of her citizenship, we are in effect saying that there are degrees of British citizenship - and that those entitled to citizenship from somewhere else are not as British as those who aren't.

My sons are entitled to be Irish citizens, although they are not. Obviously they are not going to go and join a horrendous terrorist cult so I appreciate this is pure conjecture - but the legal implication of this is that, despite being born in Britain and (probably) growing up to consider themselves British first and foremost, they could be deported to Ireland where they might never have been (ok, again they have been there) or have any connections on the decision of a judge or politician in the future.

I bet your sons turn Irish on the 17th March [emoji23]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ok, let's not look at the horrors that she did (possibly still does) believe infidels deserve this, lets blank out the innocent lives lots to stupid religious bigotry. I think it is highly relevant, and if you don't that is your opinion, no better or more valid than mine....

The horrors of religious ideology should never be forgotten or airbrushed from our memories. They are sick and disgusting, everytime i see images like that I remember how sick,stupid and pointless it all is. Sometimes people are just bad, not all them can be understood or helped with therapy and, trying to understanding where they came from at the point in time.....

If you see that image at any age and think, yeah that's right, he deserved that, I can believe in a cause that will do that to another human. To me you ARE BEYOND HELP REASONING & UNDERSTANDING, oh they were young is a lame excuse, that they will cling to as a defence, that we give them to attempt to understand where they come from, when it is pointless....

just my thoughts, i am no expert, just a human, who could not buy into or understand why...

I looked only at the first line of your post then stopped because I don't wish to discuss Two wrongs don't make a right

I find that image gruesome and I do not come on to a football website to be subjected to it

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A disgrace, should NEVER have been allowed back into this country
Regards
DF

Rest assured Ppf she'll be staying with us and not sharing her love with 27 others. Good to see you've found something else to get angry about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports