Bristol Rovers vs Brighton And Hove Albion Official Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The Rovers game is THE key one in my mind, of the 3 remaining. If we get any sort of the result given our history and Lambert's rich scoring form then I'll take the humble pie out of the freezer and maybe give it a quick zap in the microwave too. But I'm so worried about this game because a mate's a big Rovers fan and keeps me up to date with them throughout the season. Lambert is the sort of striker who conjures a goal from 25yds out of nothing with alarming regularity. Wolves had a £1m bid rejected recently and with our record, he could break Albion hearts at any moment in other words. The injury time in this game will undoubtably seem like an eternity if we're hanging on for any kind of a result.
Yep unfortunately I thought Beckford and Fryatt would beat him easily in the top scorers table... Turns out I was wrong

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ah well at least posting this thread a day early has entertained a lot of you :lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh is this possible that IF we win tonight and at hudderfield we could be safe by saturday 4.50pm ?

or is that just dreaming !

please god, ive been fairly good all year so far, you owe me a favour

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh is this possible that IF we win tonight and at hudderfield we could be safe by saturday 4.50pm ?

I don't think it's gonna happen.... :nono:

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
And of course Scunthorpe will be trying to get into the play-off places tonight against Northampton.......... it could all go very nicely again...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Yep, entirely possible we could be safe. But it would require us winning our next two, and carlisle and crewe failing to win saturday. I could see C & C losing, but we'd have to win 4 in a row, tall ask, but I feel it is more possible with Slade in charge.

I'm concerned because Glasfryn started the last two official threads and we won those matches...

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Can we pay on the door?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So you're all gonna give the Liverpool vs Arsenal game a miss then? :jester:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yep, entirely possible we could be safe. But it would require us winning our next two, and carlisle and crewe failing to win saturday. I could see C & C losing, but we'd have to win 4 in a row, tall ask, but I feel it is more possible with Slade in charge.

I'm concerned because Glasfryn started the last two official threads and we won those matches...

do you think I should start another one?
I honestly think with the combination of Russel Slade and the team performing like they are it is possible to win all three matches that are left as RS says we have the MOMENTUM.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
do you think I should start another one?
I honestly think with the combination of Russel Slade and the team performing like they are it is possible to win all three matches that are left as RS says we have the MOMENTUM.

I would boycott this thread for yours.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone have any genuine concrete team news for tonight?

We know Whing is out, and Elphick doubtful. Anything else?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would boycott this thread for yours.

I too would boycott this one. Though I've a friend coming round to watch the footie on the telly, so I will be watching Liverpool/Arsenal, and listening to bristol/seagulls, and will not be on line during the match. I wasn't on line on saturday either...

uh oh. I was really negative, pointing to all the reasons to expect us to lose on saturday, today I'm feeling quite positive and pointing out the winning omens. Am I cursing us?! Arrrghh what to do?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I feel sick too. Oh to be a Brighton fan! But anything from tonights game and we're ROCKING!

Can anyone confirm, is the Crewe v Stockport match on TV Friday night?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Plan is to commandeer the lounge from my wife so I can watch the less important game on TV with english commentary and listen to the albion on my computer... she can watch her soap operas in the kitchen!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Its definitely going to be rained off

Two days of sunshine...

Don't be surprised if the local pubs are a bit edgy, they have just had a visit from Millwall, and you couldn't move for riot vans plus the police helicopter, which amused my two year old no end!

Tense and nervous can't relax!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports