Brighton’s trendy North Laines

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Excellent quote:

“I like a possession game but a possession game with the purpose to score a goal. Keeping the ball is easy when you do it in your own half but we will try to be a little more direct. Transitions are very important nowadays and we have been working on quick transitions from defensive to offensive. From what I saw from last year, that did not happen a lot. It was keep ball and we didn’t even try to go forward. Now hopefully it will be different.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Who gives a flying toss? jeez if people get worked up over Laine/Laines I suggest the get out more and whilst they are out get a life too!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Here it is, in the North Laines

and that sort of erroneous sign writing is precisely why we should correct it at every opportunity, to preserve the correct name.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who gives a flying toss? jeez if people get worked up over Laine/Laines I suggest the get out more and whilst they are out get a life too!

Do you realise that it is because people have a life, that they know the difference?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ah, 'trendy' means 'unnecessarily expensive'?

So getting on the bus in Brighton is trendy?

Quite often, yes.

Not sure you can say the same for a bus, £2 will get you from The Level to Palmera Square which is about a quarter of the equivalent cab fare, or is The Large One so large you get charged for two seats ?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Excellent quote:

“I like a possession game but a possession game with the purpose to score a goal. Keeping the ball is easy when you do it in your own half but we will try to be a little more direct. Transitions are very important nowadays and we have been working on quick transitions from defensive to offensive.From what I saw from last year, that did not happen a lot.It was keep ball and we didn’t even try to go forward. Now hopefully it will be different.

at all!

I love what he is saying. I was in despair at our sideways, backwards short passing last year. Although there are one or two on here who think it's really great to watch the team string 30 passes together...it's crap if you end up nearer your own goal at the end of it.

Bring it on Sami...:)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Quite often, yes.

Not sure you can say the same for a bus, £2 will get you from The Level to Palmera Square which is about a quarter of the equivalent cab fare, or is The Large One so large you get charged for two seats ?

Paid a fecking fiver for two singles from the open market to Woodingdean, so yes very expensive. a cab wouldn't have been much more.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm still giggling at the idea of 'a group of the town's sports reporters'.

Sports reporting is obviously one of Brighton's industries.

You'd be surprised.

And while people are picking people up about Laine(s), I'm disappointed that nobody has gone ballistic over the erroneous use of "town" rather than "city".

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm still giggling at the idea of 'a group of the town's sports reporters'.

Sports reporting is obviously one of Brighton's industries.

Everyone's a journo these days - and they all live around and use the North Laine area - on Saturdays you can't move round there with out bumping in to one, pen and iPhone in one hand, falafel wrap and erotic toy in the other. Some of the top boys even wear those vegetarian sandals and sport beards whilst drinking in the Nelson.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really ? My new job is with a company based in North Laine and one of the directors is a die hard fan and has pledged to get a company box when we make it to the Prem.

As an aside good news re the job :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did only say trendy eateries to be fair not trendy shops. There are at least four DM companies in the old Argus buildings and I know of at least three others in the North Laine area.

I use that co-working place in North Laines when I'm in town, The Skiff. Think there's a few in there as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports