Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's Roberto De Zerbi drawing attention of Europe's top clubs

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Question marks continue to hover over Jose Mourinho’s future, as former Inter director Fulvio Collovati insists he ‘already received offers and one of them is from Chelsea,’ while Roma look to Brighton’s Roberto De Zerbi.

The Special One has repeatedly complained in the media about the quality of the squad at his disposal and hit out at fans and reporters at the weekend for not realising what they are achieving in “very difficult circumstances.”

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So to enjoy football you have to agree with everything that happens at the club you support? If we had followed that mentality all those years ago we possibly wouldn’t have a club to support today.
Everything...something would be a start for you. You're just miserable. Seriously you're now onto the owner's ambition during the best period the club has ever experienced. Maybe just stick to the Chelsea thread, you seem happiest there.

I remember Paul Barbers quote saying no amount of money was going to let Caicedo go as we're in our best position to try and qualify for Europe. This was backing Roberto and showing Bloom/Barber are ambitious too. Obviously, if or when Caicedo Ally Mac go for big money in the summer then a large chunk of that will be reinvested in the squad.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Nothing in that article at all that isn't blindingly obvious. Seems a strange coincidence that Matt Law spends all the rest of his time obsessing over Chelsea and Potter's future - mostly giving Boehly's take on it. Of course there are bound to be clubs interested in De Zerbi if we carry on as we are. Hardly a surprise.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why isn’t Marco Silva or Thomas Frank being touted like this?
Always seems to be Brighton players/staff…
Agreed - don’t think the source is credible though - Bozza just wants some traffic 😜

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree. No prospect at all of an Italian club paying the compensation, certainly not Juve. It's one of those things that if you'd told me 25 years ago that the Milan clubs, Roma and Juve, might not only want our manager, but not be able to get him, i'd have looked at you with utter incredulity.

There's more of a threat from the bigger PL fish in my view, but a) they will have looked at the Potter Chelsea fiasco and will think very long and hard before chucking their lot in with a Brighton manager and paying us a large release clause and b) there aren't many PL clubs he would entertain the notion of jumping ship for.

The chance of this happening is very small.
Agreed. But it's only the 'big seven' that could attract him and, of those:
-- Arsenal, City, United, Liverpool and Newcastle won't be changing manager
-- Spurs might, but not convinced RdZ would want it
-- Chelsea just might want to look elsewhere for a new manager

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Question marks continue to hover over Jose Mourinho’s future, as former Inter director Fulvio Collovati insists he ‘already received offers and one of them is from Chelsea,’ while Roma look to Brighton’s Roberto De Zerbi.

The Special One has repeatedly complained in the media about the quality of the squad at his disposal and hit out at fans and reporters at the weekend for not realising what they are achieving in “very difficult circumstances.”
Did the Special One tell them they needed a history lesson too 😏

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Everything...something would be a start for you. You're just miserable. Seriously you're now onto the owner's ambition during the best period the club has ever experienced. Maybe just stick to the Chelsea thread, you seem happiest there.
You really have took a lot from answering a question to why we get raided every window these days. You also think you know people from an internet forum which is bizarre but there you go.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whilst I don’t fully agree with this viewpoint I was very frustrated we couldn’t show a little flexibility this January. Had we been sitting in 12th then steady as she goes but we were in the top six with other teams struggling, this was the opportunity to push a little bit. Football is about dreams after all and achieving new things.

And before the usual zealots accuse me of jeopardising the clubs financial future I am talking about spending an extra few million for Matvienko and maybe replacing Trossard with an Estupinan type signing. If we miss out this season how many more will it be before Liverpool, Chelsea and to an extent Spurs struggle as much again and Newcastle will only go from strength to strength.
I disagree with your contributions to this thread.
I gather that the article doesn't make the link that you want it to, about RdZ being unhappy with 'no signings'
We did sign Buonanotte (who now has 2 PL appearances) and Ayari. We kept hold of Caicedo.

Signed,
A Zealot

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You really have took a lot from answering a question to why we get raided every window these days. You also think you know people from an internet forum which is bizarre but there you go.
I took a lot from you saying:

"Because we take the money eventually it’s well known it’s the business model. I think January proved it’s a business and not a club with ambition to push over the line for footballs sake."

So for you January proved the Club and Tony Bloom don't have ambition. I mean, what else was anyone supposed to take?

And as for your forum persona, what else am I commenting on? I don't know who or what you are so of course it's a comment about your presence on here. It's bizarre you are unable to detach reality from a message board.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I took a lot from you saying:

"Because we take the money eventually it’s well known it’s the business model. I think January proved it’s a business and not a club with ambition to push over the line for footballs sake."

So for you January proved the Club and Tony Bloom don't have ambition. I mean, what else was anyone supposed to take?

And as for your forum persona, what else am I commenting on? I don't know who or what you are so of course it's a comment about your presence on here. It's bizarre you are unable to detach reality from a message board.
I’m not sure what point you are trying to make? we sold Trossard one of our quality players and didn’t replace him leaving the squad weaker. Is that showing ambition for the second half of the season? If you think so then I disagree it’s really not that deep.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All we really need is a striker who can score more regularly, breaking the deadlock against Fulham for example, tucking away half chances.

The problem is that those players are sought by all European clubs, therefore the fees/wages involved are huge.
Kind of disagree we really miss Lallana’s clever link up play we couldn’t stop scoring with him on the pitch. We looked like we were going to trounce Leicester until he went off and then it went kind of the same way as Palace, Bmuff and Fulham. A young Lallana would be an ideal signing.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m not sure what point you are trying to make? we sold Trossard one of our quality players and didn’t replace him leaving the squad weaker. Is that showing ambition for the second half of the season? If you think so then I disagree it’s really not that deep.
You’re right, it’s not that deep, what you’re saying is incredibly shallow. I can see that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I wrong to expect a player and manager to stay for longer than 10 f***ing months?
RDZ strikes me as loyal. Massive 3.5 months ahead for this club.
When RDZ does go I fear it will be with a certain amount of rancour. He says what he thinks and if he starts criticising the hierarchy in any way it could all go south very quickly. Hopefully that day is a long way off. I don’t see him saying “I’m happy with what I’ve got” if he thinks we are players light. No manager since Poyet has commented on the players he thinks the squad lacks. I think RDZ will if he doesn’t feel he’s being backed, just a gut feeling.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
When RDZ does go I fear it will be with a certain amount of rancour. He says what he thinks and if he starts criticising the hierarchy in any way it could all go south very quickly. Hopefully that day is a long way off. I don’t see him saying “I’m happy with what I’ve got” if he thinks we are players light. No manager since Poyet has commented on the players he thinks the squad lacks. I think RDZ will if he doesn’t feel he’s being backed, just a gut feeling.

I fear you're right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here