Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs York City

D

Deleted member 2719

Barnham Seagull said:
Went on the pitch from the north stand.

Felt absolutely sick doing it but it was something that had to be done as others have said.

Yep i was there and felt the same as you BS.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
:wave:

It had to be done. Peaceful demos were no longer an option.

Main headline on the BBC 6 o'clock news that night - mainly as Euro 96 was round the corner.

Instant National Publicity.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Man of Harveys said:
I guess every protest needs its muscle as well as mind - were these people and their modern equivalents to act similarly towards Norman Baker and LDC, I for one would NOT object.

Baker is today's Archer, let's not forget. He's trying his damndest to destroy this club - he has different methods, but his goal is the same.

Oh, I had to watch from the back of the North Stand. I'd set off early from sunny Somerset, and my good lady wife had made me promise NOT to go on the pitch, so I couldn't really do anything other than watch. It was amazing to listen to the likes of Radio 5 afterwards....they made it sound like a major riot had taken place when in reality it was all fairly harmless.

Albion Rob

I always remember getting on the pitch quite quickly and then looking round me to see what seemed like thousands of people on the pitch yet the ground looked full still!

That was a momentous day and a real turning point in the darkest of battles.

We won.

And we will again.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Great day...............sad at the same time though. I was in the North Stand that day and knew it was about to happen...just a little surprised at how quickly into the game it started. Remember thinking how sad it was it had to come to this but it HAD to happen and then after walking on the pitch with the hundreds of others feeling so proud that so many felt for the the club so much it drove them to protest in this way......................it was quite moving. From that point my love for the club and admiration for the BEST supporters anywhere increased so much...........i hope people remember what shit our fans have been through and the passion that simmers just below the surface.....always ready to ignite when the going gets REALY tough!

:moo:

Attachments

• scan0021.jpg
    scan0021.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 98

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here