Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs Hartlepool

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ive been a fan for so many years, Bring back the early 80's Please. I want to be proud.... I guess on the flip side, I guess we can concentrat on staying up now nothing else to go for:down:

You want those tiny, tight shorts again?!:(

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That's the EIGHTH game this season that we've led and failed to close out. Do you not think that's an issue at all?

I'm not saying I am not concerned. However, from the sound of it we were beaten by the officials. Even if the penalty and disallowed goal decisions were right, Hartlepool are one of the form teams in the league. I just think that this site gets unnecessarily depressed when we lose and over the top when we win.

Also, the moronic comments of people like Complete Badger and Withdean Wanderer don't help.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'm not saying I am not concerned. However, from the sound of it we were beaten by the officials. Even if the penalty and disallowed goal decisions were right, Hartlepool are one of the form teams in the league. I just think that this site gets unnecessarily depressed when we lose and over the top when we win.

Also, the moronic comments of people like Complete Badger and Withdean Wanderer don't help.

They got dicked on at home at the weekend, and were missing their captain/CB and their best striker. There for the taking.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I do actually like Hawkins because I quite admire the "lump" type of footballer, but you have to admit he IS a donkey. El Abd isn't a footballer. Nor are a few of the others. We HAD to play these guys tonight because our loanees aren't available. Nothing hypocritical about that - with our loanees we have talent, without them we do not. In midfield, at least.

As for not seeing the game tonight, can I just point out I've seen EVERY league game this season home and away. Don't try and make out I don't know what it's like.

I am not judging you for not going tonight as obviously I was not there too. However, you are basically saying we were rubbish tonight when you weren't there. I would never judge a team based on a game I haven't seen. Fine say we have been crap all season but not tonight as you don't know.

As for El Abd, I completely disagree. I think he is an effective player for us and the kind of player that every team needs.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I no a cup run would've been great, but at least now we can concentrate on more REALISTIC and IMPORTANT games, such as STAYING in this league, or even pushing for the play offs, and the JPT games were we have a real good chance of winning it.
Keep the Faith :albion2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Adams has RAPED the defence with Hawkins instead of Lynch.

Not sure how that is Moronic, when the fact that we didn't concede many last season yet have conceded f*** LOADS this year suggests it's spot on.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
They got dicked on at home at the weekend, and were missing their captain/CB and their best striker. There for the taking.

One game is irrelevant. They had only lost one home league game before that and been on a good run. Anyway we were without a number of players too. If you include loan players we were without Virgo, McLeod, Anyinsah, Thornton and Johnson.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Adams has RAPED the defence with Hawkins instead of Lynch.

Not sure how that is Moronic, when the fact that we didn't concede many last season yet have conceded f*** LOADS this year suggests it's spot on.

Fair enough. Moronic was probably a bit harsh and I am as frustrated as you. However, these are the players we have to rely on until January and Lynch is not coming back (probably ever) so we need to support them in a difficult period. Anyway, look on the bright side. Last year we got Mansfield home in round 3 and lost to them so we are saved that embarassment!

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
One game is irrelevant. They had only lost one home league game before that and been on a good run. Anyway we were without a number of players too. If you include loan players we were without Virgo, McLeod, Anyinsah, Thornton and Johnson.

Still sounded like they were there for the taking tonight, especially first half, before the second half onslaught which i would imagine was as much our own doing as theirs.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
But those players aren't good enough, and due to the circumstances Micky has been more or less forced into playing them tonight. I'll slam those players if I want, because between them I've probably seen them make 200 appearances and I can count the good ones on one hand. Clearly, in our current situation, SOMETHING is wrong, so SOMEONE is at fault. Personally, I don't think it's Micky, so by a process of elimination I think it's the players.

El Abd was one of the candidates for player of the season last year and had a fantastic partnership with Elphick while Lynch was out. There are players who aren't good enough but in my opinion he is not one of them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Did we lose tonight or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here