Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton vs Everton Player Ratings (H)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I can't be arsed to do ratings. But 1's, 2's and 3's is harsh to a team with 70+% possessions, more XG, 20 shots and 15 corners to 1.

We weren't as bad as some are making out

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I can't be arsed to do ratings. But 1's, 2's and 3's is harsh to a team with 70+% possessions, more XG, 20 shots and 15 corners to 1.

Second half we were better but we still lost the half 2-1 to Everton. First half we got absolutely destroyed. They had about 7 2v1 situations.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
He was from an attacking sense. wasn't it his hospital pass? on their 18 yard line that lead straight up the field for Everton 4th and his chase back pursuit that caused his injury
He actually gave it away twice & yep injured himself desperately trying to get back. We were so much better with him on & in front of Gross, Facundo reminded me of Enciso’s game against Villa earlier in the season, a boy against men. We were rank from the first minute, looked leggy, undisciplined, whilst Everton looked out polar opposite.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

First half we were I think. Second much better.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015

We had 3 shots in the first half to their 7 and the game was done. We were bound to put more pressure on the second half and they were always going to soak it up.

We were terrible, they were excellent.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We had 3 shots in the first half to their 7 and the game was done. We were bound to put more pressure on the second half and they were always going to soak it up.

We were terrible, they were excellent.
How often when they trot out stats like "haven't won in 7, lowest scorers in division, top 3 worst away records" do you know it ends against Brighton.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think right before half time he did but it was straight at him
The one where they pulled it back from the left wing and the shot was from around the penalty spot? That was actually blocked by Dunk's knee.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
He actually gave it away twice & yep injured himself desperately trying to get back. We were so much better with him on & in front of Gross, Facundo reminded me of Enciso’s game against Villa earlier in the season, a boy against men. We were rank from the first minute, looked leggy, undisciplined, whilst Everton looked out polar opposite.
Key point you make about Enciso and Facundo. Enciso has improved so much in a short time 👍👍, hopefully F will too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Funny how you score defenders who conceded 5 and could have conceded 10 just below average at a 5/10.

Imagine watching that game and thinking Dunk was just slightly below average.
Depends if you think they were completely exposed by the players in front of them really.

Did you say 7 two vs one situations? That isn’t defensive frailties, that is team structure.

Last edited:

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Perspective needed here. The players are looking leggy and with injuries we have a thin squad.

Interesting to see papers ratings today. Telegraph first and Mail second

Steele. 5. 5
Gross. 6. 4
Webster 5. 4
Dunk 5. 6
Estupian. 6. 4
Cacadeo. 5.4
McAllister 6. 5
Bueno. 5. 4
Undav. 4. 4
Mitoma. 6. 6
Well beck. 5. 5

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Steele - 1
Größ - 4
Dunk - 2
Webster - 1
Estupinian - 4
Caicedo - 3
Mac Allister - 5
Bounanotte - 1
Undav - 1
Mitoma - 2
Welbeck - 2

Ferguson - 7
Enciso - 6
March - 7
Colwill - 6

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Don't know whether the rest of the ground saw it but sat in the Upper East there was a moment in the first half when Yerry Mina had Buonanotte trapped on the touchline and then just clapped his hands as if to say 'That all you've got?'.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Don't know whether the rest of the ground saw it but sat in the Upper East there was a moment in the first half when Yerry Mina had Buonanotte trapped on the touchline and then just clapped his hands as if to say 'That all you've got?'.
Yerry Mina is a bully and he’s only 18 and in a new country. This kid will be gold and will make Mina look like a fool one day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Steele 5

Gross 4
Dunk 2 - repeatedly committing near the centre line when he didn’t need to, his lack of pace cruelly exposed.
Webster 0 - correctly removed from the game
Estupinan 2 - glued to the NE corner with Mitoma first half, giving up his main duty to defend. RDZ appeared furious. He doesn’t routinely do that eg Bmuff away he was a living nightmare for their right sided attack.

Caicedo 4
Mac 7 MOTM
Mitoma 3 - stop diving and pointless high crosses against teams of giants.
Buananotte 2 - out of his depth, out powered and out thought. Due to a lack of experience.

Welbeck 3
Undav 0 - passes bounced off him, creating several Everton counters.

March 7
Enciso 7
Colwill 6
Ferguson 7 - quality
Gilmour N/A

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Perspective needed here. The players are looking leggy and with injuries we have a thin squad.

Interesting to see papers ratings today. Telegraph first and Mail second

Steele. 5. 5
Gross. 6. 4
Webster 5. 4
Dunk 5. 6
Estupian. 6. 4
Cacadeo. 5.4
McAllister 6. 5
Bueno. 5. 4
Undav. 4. 4
Mitoma. 6. 6
Well beck. 5. 5
I think those scores are in the about right, take nothing away from Everton who just had one of those days where everything went their way with 5 shots 5 goals and a couple of which were outstanding.
This has been the most incredible season we can still get a European place for next season but this amount of games with such slim resources appears to be the biggest problem facing RDZ

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’ve reflected on it, tried to gain perspective and ultimately remain true to myself and the reality of losing 5-1 at home, against a Sean Balrog Dyche XI, who rocked up and told us ‘you shall not pass’ - whilst whipping his goblin horde into a footballing frenzy.

And there I was, left gawping into thin air akin to rather wooden acted Elf, trying to comprehend how our hitherto visionary wizard had just fallen into a massive chasm.

Steele 5 - being charitable, he was left in the sweeper keeper, left back, right back and centre back role, which is demanding at the best of times and this was just about the worst.

Gross 3 - he’s not a great right back if he’s forced to defend, alas that’s occasionally a requirement of the role… love his heart though, and his I’d literally play anywhere boss - even in goal if Roberto thought my passing was better than Jason… ahem.

Dunk 2 - Lewis sometimes just seems to go a bit ‘mad’ - goes a tad all things to all men, and literally attempts to be everywhere … most likely due to the fact that Webster was errmmm nowhere.

Webster - 2 morbidly poor, perhaps he’s not 100% - perhaps he’s injured… ? not sure he’s all that equipped to flourish within our new style - at times he looks like he’s floundering, akin to some poor 1980s sales rep who picked a challenging mystery game in the futuristic zone on the Crystal Maze… Mumsy indeed… f***ed before the words automatic lock-in were uttered…

Estupinan 4 - gung-ho Pervis was on show, lacking the energy that graces his best performances… we do need to defend a bit too, you know, on occasion.

Caicedo 5 - not really a smart move to move him back in the middle at the expense of Billy - given their pace on the break and given the alternative: Pascal.

Mac 6 - got a goal, drove most of our positive stuff in the second half… but was on the beach in the first half, possibly a beach in Ibiza.

Mitoma 4 - huffed puffed and fell over way too much… I hope this isn’t the dawn of a new sitting on the pitch looking exasperated era.

Buananotte 4 - Messi-lite or just lite ? Time will tell… needs more time, a sign our squad is a little thin.

Welbeck 3 - out of position… out at halftime. Not his fault.

Undav 3 - from not to hot and back to not … I suspect it might just be: not… sigh.

March 7 - why did we let him play if he was half injured ? By God I hope he can play at least a small part before the final curtain.
Enciso 6 - not sure why we left him out, very strange… he had rhythm, form, confidence… yep, drop him boss.
Colwill 6 - winding up for his return to sender… one foot in his flip flops.
Ferguson 7 - the wonder kid… here’s hoping he can carry the weight…
Gilmour 6 - dropped for no reason I can fathom whatsoever… he should start vs Arsenal.

Roberto - 1, horrible selection, lack of a reaction… it was a bit Gus away at West Ham… needs to prove his quality (all over again) in the coming weeks… 5-1 at home vs a bottom 3 side, reputation damaging…

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a lovable bloke Roberto, but I’m beginning to fear his plan a is the extent of his footballing theory…

Epilogue:

Maybe it was a one off, yep that’s right; a night to forget but not to regret. If there’s a moral here, it’s perhaps don’t change a winning team… or moreover don’t lose 5-1 to a poor team… and never choose a mystery game on the crystal maze, better still never go on it first place. But should you find yourself trapped in the crystal dome with some other poor unfortunates in ill fitting jump suits with appalling haircuts and zero dignity… fall flat on your face just as the fans start, you’ll trap shit loads of notes under your body and win… WIN that amazingly shit prize … whatever it was???

Onward. Onward to Europa Conference league glory!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here