Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton vs Everton Player Ratings (H)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pedro - 1 (charitable) disinterested, obviously didn't want to be there, couldn't wait to leave. I'm ashamed to say I boooooooooed him.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Which position was Gross playing first half? It certainly wasn’t right back. He was ‘bad Pascal’ today.

Undav was woeful and Bouanontte is nowhere near ready to start. Made the same selection mistakes at Forest. I wanted him to make subs after 20 minutes. Not great Roberto, not great.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Confident RDZ thought the team would win.

Tactically playing two at the back and Estupinan and to a lesser extent Gross ahead of our midfield looks poor now.

Whatever we say with the benefit of hindsight we've seen the best football ever from a Brighton team.

FFS sometimes we'll lose, Everton were superb, lets not rip into individuals, instead recall and rejoyce in the sublime football we've played this season!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Steele 5
Gross 5
Dunk 4
Webster 1 - You're a good CB but please don't come out with the ball, Adam. Ever
Estupinan 5
Caicedo 4
Mac 7 MoM
Mitoma 3
Buananotte 4
Welbeck 5
Undav 3

March 6.5
Enciso 7
Colwill 7
Ferguson 6.5
Gilmour N/A

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Perhaps they actually mean... not convinced by him being ready for starting in the first team, for the reasons that you state.
Fair enough. That qualification would be helpful in those cases!

I would personally argue as an Argentinian international this is great experience and will accelerate his development with us.

Just needs someone to give him the confidence to take on his man down the outside. Reminds me greatly of March before this season. Neat, tidy but nowhere near direct enough yet!

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Steele - 3 possibly at fault for 2 goals, no chance with other 3
Gross - 2 was like he was running in treacle and never where he needed to be
Webster - 2 shocking positioning on several occasions
Dunk - 2 probably worst performance from him in the Amex era
Pervis - 4 can’t remember anything especially bad but nothing very good
Caceido - 4
Mac - 5 tried to keep it ticking over
Undav - 2 not a premier league footballer
Welbeck - 2 hopeless
Buonanotte - 2 completely anonymous but will come good in time
Mitoma - 2 seems to have just run out of steam

Subs - all 5. Made things slightly better.

RDZ 3. Took too many liberties against a side that where too up for it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Funny how these threads only appear when we lose or don’t play as well as normal….

Anyway 6 = average

Steele - 4
Gross - 5
Pervis - 5
Dunk - 5
Webster - 4
Caicedo - 5
MacAllister - 6
Buononotte - 4
Mitoma - 5
Welbeck - 4
Undav - 5

Ferguson - 6
Solly - 6
Gilmour - 6
Colwill - 6
Enciso - 6

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seen highlights
Dont know what manager is supposed to do when 2 of his seasons outstanding players give away first 2 goals
I thought when watching first was down to Mitoma. ok he may have lost ball but now see little danger after that because Dunk was with attacker who just walked passed a feeble tackle
For the 2nd goodness knows why Pervis was nearer to right back leaving goalscorer completely free
Wont go into Webster giving ball away for the 4th

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Today was the ugly side of De Zerbi ball. The players looked like they'd gotten ahead of themselves.

Steele - 2 (one good save but that own goal is embarrassing and should save Doucoure's volley. Would have Bob back for Arsenal)
Gross - 3
Dunk - 3
Webster - 2 (inept positioning for the first)
Pervis - 3 (worst game I've seen him play. Looked knackered throughout)
Caicedo - 4
Alexis - 5
Buonanotte - 3 (should not have started and needed to stay wide to give us more space in the middle yet came inside all the time onto his left. Someone tell him to stay wide!)
Undav - 1 (good at starting counter attacks for Everton)
Welbeck - 2
Mitoma - 3 (relied on him too much today and he really didn't deliver)

De Zerbi - 2 (only not a 1 for making 4 half-time subs)

Subs
Ferguson - 6
March - 7
Colwill - 6
Enciso - 5
Gilmour - N/A

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Steele 4 Should have saved at least 2 of their goals. Pickford was so much better.
Gross 5 Not anywhere near his usual level. Improved when March came on.
Dunk 4 Lewis has been off his usual level a few games recently and if we had better options he might be dropped.
Webster 3 -Gave the ball away while attacking too many times and at fault for 2 goals
Estupinan 5 He hardly ever plays at FB and we finish with 2-4-4 and got badly caught out last night. Maybe wing back and 3 CBs?
Caicedo 4 Poor and sloppy.
Mac 6 Better than the rest but not up to usual standard. Still, maybe Liverpool will look elsewhere :)
Mitoma 4 Some awful crosses. Too deep and too high too often.
Buananotte 4 Out muscled and needs a good pre-season to build some more strength. Also wrong position for him.
Welbeck 4 Very poor did nothing.
Undav 3 Even worse than Welbeck. After the Wolves game I thought he would grow in confidence but he looked like he was a division too high last night.

March 6.5 Made a big impact but now probably out for the season.
Enciso 7 Great player in there and it´s a pity he didn´t/couldn´t start.
Colwill 6 Looked far better than Webster and we really ought to try and sign him.
Ferguson 6 We looked far more threatening when he came on. A pity he didn´t/couldn´t start.
Gilmour 6 Should have come on earlier.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I’m not sure why he played Bonanotte, when it felt like nobody was going to pass to him. Anything he did in the first half was of his own doing, and bless him but it wasn’t very much.
bad day at the office. I’m glad we haven’t got to play Man Utd again, as we seem to be shite straight after we’ve played well against them…
It was exhausting physically and emotionally to beat ManUre...that was key to what happened against Everton.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
And we’ve got Pope to come :nono:
Yep, we know most keepers will play blinders against us (oh, ye gods... argh!!!) so we need to be smarter at actually putting the ball in the net. We create so many good positions in and around the box but, Wolves aside, we're really not smart at putting them away. Welbz, AliMac, Mitoma guilty lately. And Mitoma (bless him, clearly one of our stars) could make far better decisions on when to pass, AND...he often does the amazing by bursting past 3 or 4 defenders and then fluffs his lines... I mean, go round the keeper too, Karou, don't smash it at his face!!!!!!!).
Sorry, I'm rambling...

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Funny how these threads only appear when we lose or don’t play as well as normal….

Anyway 6 = average

Steele - 4
Gross - 5
Pervis - 5
Dunk - 5
Webster - 4
Caicedo - 5
MacAllister - 6
Buononotte - 4
Mitoma - 5
Welbeck - 4
Undav - 5

Ferguson - 6
Solly - 6
Gilmour - 6
Colwill - 6
Enciso - 6
Funny how you score defenders who conceded 5 and could have conceded 10 just below average at a 5/10.

Imagine watching that game and thinking Dunk was just slightly below average.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Not sure RDZ is to blame for Mitoma giving the ball away with Pervis stranded up field allowing Everton the freedom of our left in the first minute.
I raised this point as it’s not the first time Mitoma has given the ball away on the halfway line and we’ve conceded, happened against Spurs and I’m certain at least one other game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Today was the ugly side of De Zerbi ball. The players looked like they'd gotten ahead of themselves.

Steele - 2 (one good save but that own goal is embarrassing and should save Doucoure's volley. Would have Bob back for Arsenal)
Steele didn't make a single save, did he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here