Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Walsall Match Ratings

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So we need to bring in the 25th who can manage it.

We'll sign 50 and not find a goalkeeper to perform like Michel has done over such a long period of time.

It feels like just yesterday that Mark Cartwright's injury let Michel back into the side, and he went on that run of clean sheets. Seems like just a few minutes ago that he pulled off *that* save against Blackpool at Withdean.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Well said. You're damn right with that. A club like us will never replace him:bowdown:

Only thing I'd disagree on was his best and most breathtaking save was definitely that 30 yard dipping shot he literally FLEW across the goal about 6 foot in the air to tip over at home to Bristol City. I was on my feet for about 2 minutes after that:clap2:

Do you always stand up when you masturbate?

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
What really happened with the goal was that all the brighton players including michel saw this fella who looked vaguely like their old pal Matt Richards on the ball (but clearly he had lost the bet and shaved his head and eye brows or summit looking sort of like - well not matt richards).Got all confused and by that point he'd had a shot on target only for michel to roll over the ball and let the blighter in.That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Calderon lunged in HORRIBLY, which meant Richards could get in his shot. I think people have overlooked this, a good performance but was at fault for the goal.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Calderon lunged in HORRIBLY, which meant Richards could get in his shot. I think people have overlooked this, a good performance but was at fault for the goal.

:lolol:

At fault for the goal? perhaps partly but I'm sorry, a keeper should NEVER be beaten at his near post, I played as keeper for my school team and I was told as a goalkeeper you should always narrow the angle at your near post as it gives the striker less to aim at, its elementary stuff I'm afraid.

But as I've said, I'm being very critical as it happens to all goalkeepers on occasion, the main reason I pointed it out was because I knew TCB would overlook it because it was Kuipers, whereas if it was Brezovan he would certaintly have called him a clown, you know the drill. :facepalm:

Last edited:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Wizard, I totally agree. Wrong wording on my part, I should have said 'at fault for the lead up.'

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Kuipers 7 - Could do nothing about the goal, thought he made a wonder save right at the end, turned out it was Virgo.
Painter - 6 - Looked ok, didn't get forward much, looks more like a centre back than left back.
Elphick - 7 Was unfortunate with the booking, but was solid all game along with Virgo
Virgo - 8 - Amazing last minute block
Calderon - 8 - Very impressed with him, linked up well with Bennett, wants to get forward.
Bennett - 8 -He had the better of their left back in the first half, second half we were holding on a bit so couldn't get him all the ball enough.
Dicker - 7 - Made a couple of dodgy passes on the edge of our own area, but he was one of the few players who wanted the ball.
Navarro - 5 - jekyll and hyde performance, one minute he'd be composed on the ball and pick his teammates out, next he'd just pass it straight to the opponants.
Crofts - 5 - Didn't notice he was playing until about the 70th minute, made some good runs into the box, and a couple of decent tackles.

Forster - 8 - Ran himself into the ground, grabbed a great goal and always looked threatening.
Murray - 8 - Won almost every header, held the ball up well, an excellent partner for Forster.

Other points: At moments in the first half I couldn't believe it was us out there, some brilliant passing moves, the players were full of confidence. Second half we were under a lot of pressure but held out well.

There were a couple of mad moments, the Virgo foul on Byfield when he was clean through, (don't know how it wasn't a penalty,) and a back-pass by Painter to Kuipers, which led to fans behind me going apoplectic at the linesman as they thought Byfield was offside.

Finally, why does Liam Dickinson not win ANYTHING in the air?

Because he's shit and doesn't try hard enough perhaps?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Every new Brighton manager has tried to replace Kuipers as No1. The main reason I am sure is that whilst he communicates well and is generally a good (better than average) shot stopper he remains incapable of coming off his line to deal effectively with crosses. The result is uneccessary pressure on the defence and invariable uncertainty and chaos which has cost us goals time and again. It is the keeper's job to deal with crosses and until we find one who can do so as well as at least matching kuipers in other aspects we will continue to struggle

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Attachments

• nava.JPG
    nava.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 127

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Kuipers was at fault for the goal. No question about that. He also did a calamatious clearance that had the walsall chap been any good would have have ended up in a goal.

He's been a decent keeper but is not good enough for the championship and is an average league 1 keeper at best.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My best moment is to see the manner in which Glen Murray is celebrating with his team mates and following on from his celebrations against Wycombe I would suggest he is now enjoying his football again and wants to play for us, perhaps the problem was previous managers.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My best moment is to see the manner in which Glen Murray is celebrating with his team mates and following on from his celebrations against Wycombe I would suggest he is now enjoying his football again and wants to play for us, perhaps the problem was previous managers.

I'll go along with that :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here