Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v Roma

Are you going?

• Total voters

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Thought the club would have put something out tonight 🤔
Yes i thought we would have had some news especially as the club would probably have had a good idea of how many were going to pre register by mid morning today. Maybe it is significantly more (or perhaps less) than they thought and they are consulting with Roma now they are in possession of that info.
I do hope they are not going to open the sales on Wednesday being as it is, as others have said, the Wolves away game.
As an aside it seems the away area for Roma matches (opposite end for Lazio) is based on blocks 52 51 and 50 for which i estimate about 5200 seats were we to take all of it.

RenboSlice

Sep 9, 2023
Yes i thought we would have had some news especially as the club would probably have had a good idea of how many were going to pre register by mid morning today. Maybe it is significantly more (or perhaps less) than they thought and they are consulting with Roma now they are in possession of that info.
I do hope they are not going to open the sales on Wednesday being as it is, as others have said, the Wolves away game.
As an aside it seems the away area for Roma matches (opposite end for Lazio) is based on blocks 52 51 and 50 for which i estimate about 5200 seats were we to take all of it.
I've done a bit of research and those blocks can't be open to home supporters as well. They're specifically designed for visiting supporters with safety net/fencing around etc. So in theory the option to have the whole thing is always there

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
I've done a bit of research and those blocks can't be open to home supporters as well. They're specifically designed for visiting supporters with safety net/fencing around etc. So in theory the option to have the whole thing is always there
Would be amazing if we could fill it out with 5200.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I sincerely hope that is right and we do get 5K allocation. My guess would be that we'd sell most but not all - meaning everyone who wants a ticket can get one (including my son!). Barber said he's expecting 5% though so can't be clear cut.

RenboSlice

Sep 9, 2023
I sincerely hope that is right and we do get 5K allocation. My guess would be that we'd sell most but not all - meaning everyone who wants a ticket can get one (including my son!). Barber said he's expecting 5% though so can't be clear cut.
It's definitely not clear cut but I'm certain that those blocks are all one big section that can't accommodate home supporters.

Celtic got 3.6k in Lazio because of security fears and ended up being housed in the curva

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have a mate who is a member at Roma (he is Roman and a proper supporter but lives in London) and he was surprised we only got 3,500 as they always give 5,000 over to away fans.

He also said if you are ticketless and planning on going anyway, go in the "Tribuna Monte Mario" and there are blocks there that are close to the away end. He says "It's home side but pretty relaxed". So if I don't get a ticket, I'm going there.

WestYorkshireSeagull

Dec 28, 2021
Yeah precisely this.
I've been to a couple Lazio home matches in their "Curva Sud" and it is an incredible experience.

Plastic screwed to concrete, standing on terraces and an avalanche when a goal goes in 😂 stewards don't check for your seat position mind, so I'd urge anyone of the standing persuasion to aim higher so those needing to sit can head lower

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Bit of a farce that 12 days before kick off, for a fixture in another country, tickets still haven’t been announced.

Why the last 32 fixtures were played on the 22nd Feb when final group standings were known on the 14th December, is completely beyond me.

My criticism is aimed at UEFA here for terrible scheduling and then Roma, for not yet providing the allocation details to us.

Once again, football fans at the bottom of the list for consideration.

What we can say with certainty, is the priority windows will be very narrow for this one.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Bit of a farce that 12 days before kick off, for a fixture in another country, tickets still haven’t been announced.

Why the last 32 fixtures were played on the 22nd Feb when final group standings were known on the 14th December, is completely beyond me.

My criticism is aimed at UEFA here for terrible scheduling and then Roma, for not yet providing the allocation details to us.

Once again, football fans at the bottom of the list for consideration.

What we can say with certainty, is the priority windows will be very narrow for this one.

9 days before kick off, surely? We're playing Forest at The Amex in 12 days!

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's slightly annoying - but everyone with more than 300 points already knows they are GUARANTEED to get a ticket. Logic says that's more than 3,000 people who already know that if they want a ticket they'll get one. I appreciate there's probably a bunch of people who want to go, but aren't yet sure....but I can imagine the club are working as fast as they can to get this sorted.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
9 days before kick off, surely? We're playing Forest at The Amex in 12 days!
I stand corrected. Given UEFA more credit than they deserve!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here