Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Fulham at Aldershot

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wonder how many 1st team both will put out,not many for very long I wouldnt think,

Why? Can't speak for Fulham, but we only have 5 first team friendlies (counting the matches against Luton and Stevenage as a single fixture, because players won't play in both). It is therefore an essential part of the build-up. Given that the U-21s are playing at Dorchester the following evening, it will definitely be treated seriously by Chris Hughton as a first-team friendly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why? Can't speak for Fulham, but we only have 5 first team friendlies (counting the matches against Luton and Stevenage as a single fixture, because players won't play in both). It is therefore an essential part of the build-up. Given that the U-21s are playing at Dorchester the following evening, it will definitely be treated seriously by Chris Hughton as a first-team friendly.

My thinking is why expose your players to a team you are going to play twice in the coming season but I suppose they are all well known as is their strengths and weaknesses.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
bit of a palaver to get there by train...

looks like there's a 10.04 from aldershot to clapham junction getting in at 10.52, and a 11.13 to haywards heath...

Also the restrictions on travelling out of London stations during peak times on the cheapest tickets.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Elvis is ill tonight and out of squad.

Holla and Forbes will feature.

JFC is a maybe.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
A knock in training according to Brian Owen

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk