Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Fulham at Aldershot

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
All true.

A basically pointless game for Ince, Holla, Bruno in central defence etc.

Although not pointless for sharpenning up Hemed, Murray, Knockaert, Kayal etc. and for that we do need 'filler' players to make up the 11 on the pitch.

We've given Holla a free transfer, not much more we can do unless someone takes him. We of course may do a further deal with him just before transfer deadline so he can become a free agent. For now, though, he is on the payroll.

Not sure that's the case. In Ince's case, we've not sold/loaned him so we may still be keen to keep him. Holla it may be a bit pointless but you never know, we may have an injury crisis and need him if he's still here. As for Bruno, it's pre season so it's about sharpening your fitness and he'd have done that at centre back (and as with Sheffield Wednesday away, you never know when you'll be needed to cover another position).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My feeling was this was a total sell out to the idea of not revealing to Fulham any idea about how we'll play them during the Championship season. Wheel Spin!

It was bloody hot. Hottest ever evening game? But I see it as a chance to play players in new positions and general experiment w/o giving away set piece routines. I did not see any signs. I would liked Holla to take the free kick.

I found it just a bad day. After Sevilla last year, I don't fancy a friendly cooking in the sun. Looking for the real stuff to start. Fulham looked good to maybe get a point off Newcastle. Nice to give them a bit of encouragement.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You will be pleased to know, I am making your prediction and consequence my signature, till the end of the season.

Excellent. I look forward to eating my way through the pointy Puritan hat of Blackmore yore. The Beauty of the eating a hat is that I can fill it with anything I should choose hmmmm a nice tuna pasta, or perchance some humble pie with cream.

Heh heh

Time will deliver the answer.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here