Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Brighton v Aberdeen Official match thread **

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1-0 full time. Is this a pointer to the rest of the season because the SPL is the equivalent of League 1 ?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Thanks all for the updates - Going home now.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
it was always going to kick off in town,andwith over 600 sweatys down and their yid mates,tonight will be lively

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just back.
From the looks of it, there were no more than 300 Aberdeen fans in the family stand, no way. I presume many bought tickets and didnt turn up, and others just stayed in town (CBA to read the whole thread but heard it said 500+ Dons). They were a good laugh to be fair so presume the lot to avoid didnt even go to the game.
As for the game, Aberdeen were shocking for what are a decent SPL side, reminded me of when the likes of Oldham, Yeovil, Hartlepool etc come down. No real intent to get the ball down and play it, and they didnt keep it well at all at any point, hence just the one or two shots they had all game. We kept the ball really really well, and played some cracking football, all looks good for next weekend. Back four all looked solid, and Whing had a good game when he came on for the last 15 or so. Sparrow, Bennett, Kish, and Navarro all looked brilliant, Sparrow looks the creative midfielder we said we needed and Smith showed some decent touches.
The only negatives, Barnes and the final result. We bossed it and should have won 4 or 5 quite easily with a clinical striker (which Barnes didnt look like). Unfortunately he did not look in the game at all at any point, and the couple of good half chances he had he didnt look convincing with.
Roll on next saturday!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Did McGhee get a good reception? Or abuse?

Very good reception, most people stood and he was applauded from the tunnel all the way to the dug-out.
On a side note, i feel today showed that we desperately need a clinical striker, we are wasting far too many chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here