Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Brighton v Aberdeen Official match thread **

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Really enjoyed the second half today, we really grew in confidence as the game wore on. Greer, Kishishev, Navarro, Bennett, Painter and Smith were all good, but what a player Sparrow looks. Hope he plays a big role for us this season. Poke looked nervous and indecisive, Elphick had a few eeyore moments and Barnes looked isolated up front. The prospect of not having Greer and Murray for the first two games does worry me a bit. We did look great going forward but against a better attacking side (and without Greer) I think we may struggle a bit.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
And Foolg, i thought there were at least 500 in the family stand? At least?

When i got a bit bored :)lolol:) i started to imagine how full the West Stand would have been if you transferred them, and i thought just under half full which is about 350?

Feb 5, 2009
brighton
OMG!
didnt expect that today!! amazing felt really good and im buzzing now!!
if we play like that i think we will be fine this season i was impressed by all the squad,yeah poke seemed a bit nervous but i think in my opinion he will grow in confidence.
BIG WELL DONE to the team!!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
:lolol: You're living in decades gone mate.

Well he isn;t is he....the yids were drinking in the font earlier today,lots of brighton lads out,old bill following a very large group of cockneys hour or two ago who didnt look down for an evening meal and a quite ale.
Shuld be an interesting one:drink: im off bk out:rave:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
An Argentinian playing for Brighton in yellow boots attempts and connects with two scissor kicks.

Never thought Id say that.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Jamie Smith was man of the match IMO. We played great today but , Michael Poke is a worry and should not start next week against Swindon ..

Agree Smith looked very lively and provides good options down the left. Few players were less than impressive today, although I suspect Ashley Barnes works better with another striker alongside.

Can't see that we have any option but start Poke next week - he did have a couple of iffy moments but otherwise his kicking was solid and he had little else to do. Don't think Gus would play Mitch Walker as he's too inexperienced and Brez is out for a month or so.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Agree Smith looked very lively and provides good options down the left. Few players were less than impressive today, although I suspect Ashley Barnes works better with another striker alongside.

Can't see that we have any option but start Poke next week - he did have a couple of iffy moments but otherwise his kicking was solid and he had little else to do. Don't think Gus would play Mitch Walker as he's too inexperienced and Brez is out for a month or so.

But Walker had a good game last season against Yeovil and its confident and solid in goal..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The best part of the game for me was to see the way in which Kishishev, Sparrow and Navarro made such an enormous amount of space by playing little short one twos to each other and completely dominated the midfield. Nobody can really comment on Poke because he didnt have 1 single shot or save to make. The defence looked very composed with Greer and Painter dominant. The worry is who will score the goals because the strikers didnt look like scoring. Jamie Smith had some nice touches on the ball but to me looks too lightweight and dont expect him to start too often. Bennett was his usual self scoring another screamer from distance. The rest were ok and Whing came on and did nothing wrong but cant see him making the bench when El Abd is fit again.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Had a great day - thought we looked good going forward and strong at the back. We had plenty of chances and limited them to a few. Plus I had the honour of being asked (nicely) to move out of the way by Albion Legend Dick Knight who was trying to get to his seat in the Northstand. :thumbsup:

Look at his face!

Subterfuge & Revenge
Jul 25, 2005
it was always going to kick off in town,andwith over 600 sweatys down and their yid mates,tonight will be lively

As posted in the other thread, its a load of Chelsea v Spurs/Aberdeen fighting. I have no idea why Spurs & Aberdeen have teamed up but thats the info, no Brighton involved from what I'm told.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
if i get to watch football like that allseason i will be going home happy

Agreed. Poyet really does make us play real football. Really, really enjoyed today - Thought we were brilliant (and so did Aberdeen fans from what they said after the game.)

We always had a man over as one of their fans said - so true.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The best part of the game for me was to see the way in which Kishishev, Sparrow and Navarro made such an enormous amount of space by playing little short one twos to each other and completely dominated the midfield. Nobody can really comment on Poke because he didnt have 1 single shot or save to make. The defence looked very composed with Greer and Painter dominant. The worry is who will score the goals because the strikers didnt look like scoring. Jamie Smith had some nice touches on the ball but to me looks too lightweight and dont expect him to start too often. Bennett was his usual self scoring another screamer from distance. The rest were ok and Whing came on and did nothing wrong but cant see him making the bench when El Abd is fit again.

Agree with all except thought Smith did well - a good squad player I think. You're right about the space our midfield trio created with short passing - so right - made it look simple didn't they. Don't forget Dicker found space and did this when he came on too - we're spoilt for choice in the midfield aren't we!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As posted in the other thread, its a load of Chelsea v Spurs/Aberdeen fighting. I have no idea why Spurs & Aberdeen have teamed up but thats the info, no Brighton involved from what I'm told.

Why is their Chelsea (real Chelsea) in Brighton?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rather ironic remark I heard in the North Stand today, somebody said 'what we need now is a Leon Knight type striker as he would score loads of gaols the way we are playing the ball around on the ground' Hard to disagree with the sentiment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here