[Albion] Brighton reject £1.75m Bridcutt bid from rivals Palace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I love these Palace bedwetters on here gloating like they have sailed off into the sunset never to be seen again.

All these bids and a win against a 10 men relegation rival do is temporarily gloss over possibly the worst squad to have been promoted to the premier league in recent years and a chairman unable to attract any quality players to the crumbling dirt hole you pass off as a ground.

Enjoy your posts and we will see you come down next season armed with your parachute payments funding contracts for top superstars like chamakh and bendtner.

Enjoy your season

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The Palace boardroom, yesterday.

Parish: "Arse. Nobody good wants to sign for us, yet again. The fans are getting restless. People are saying we have no ambition despite all our masses of Premier League cash. What am I going to do to save my reputation as the People's Chairman?"

Minion #1: "Why not pretend to make a bid for Brighton's best players, which we know has no chance of succeeding: our dimwitted supporters won't know that and will simply be so thrilled at the prospect of getting one over on them again, they won't even notice that all the players we actually want to sign keep rejecting us?"

Parish: "It's brilliant and it might just work. Suckers! Mwahahahahaha".

Marriapa, Bendtner and Bannan supposedly all at their training ground this morning. Maybe Bannan is instead of Bridcutt and Bendtner is instead of Ulloa?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I love your avi- my favourite game that.

Fellow football fans....lets's all be friends and play Dungeons & Dragons....I am a level 15 fire mage.

'Blue Valkyrie is about to die' ( if Ulloa goes to Palace ).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Palace boardroom, yesterday.

Parish: "Arse. Nobody good wants to sign for us, yet again. The fans are getting restless. People are saying we have no ambition despite all our masses of Premier League cash. What am I going to do to save my reputation as the People's Chairman?"

Minion #1: "Why not pretend to make a bid for Brighton's best players, which we know has no chance of succeeding: our dimwitted supporters won't know that and will simply be so thrilled at the prospect of getting one over on them again, they won't even notice that all the players we actually want to sign keep rejecting us?"

Parish: "It's brilliant and it might just work. Suckers! Mwahahahahaha".
Has Dick Knight been offering advice to Steve Parish ??? Make out the club has put in 110% effort to bring players in but the reality is any bids or offers are "pie in the sky"

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Marriapa, Bendtner and Bannan supposedly all at their training ground this morning. Maybe Bannan is instead of Bridcutt and Bendtner is instead of Ulloa?

Enjoy paying Chamakh and Bendtner big bucks in the Championship.

Nobody will take 'em off their hands when they go down.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Enjoy paying Chamakh and Bendtner big bucks in the Championship.

Nobody will take 'em off their hands when they go down.

Both will undoubtedly have contract clauses which allow them to leave when the inevitable happens. That said, they still have to find buyers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Aye it does, Not sure about Bendtner, Always thought the guys was a bit shite.

Back on topic, How much do Albion realistically want for Bridcutt? Isn't he in the last year of his contract?

No idea what the board would want, but he is contracted until 2015.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Back on topic, How much do Albion realistically want for Bridcutt? Isn't he in the last year of his contract?

I'm guessing, obviously, but I'd suggest they'd hold out for a minimum of £3m. And no. he isn't.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You are being taken in by your club if you actually think they have any serious expectation of getting either player. They don't. It's just a stunt designed to score cheap points with those Palace supporters who are disappointed with the lack of decent signings this summer. If you really can't see that, then you're less intelligent than I gave you credit for (ha!).

If they'd been serious, the bids wouldn't have leaked out. They wouldn't have wanted to jeopardise any negotiations. The reason it's come out is because they wish their fans to know about it. They know (for example) that £1.75m for Bridcutt is laughable, and are well aware that it wouldn't be accepted, but they can go back and say "well, we made an effort, it's not our fault if they won't take it, you can't accuse us of not trying". This of course has the added advantage of making your supporters believe that you're seriously pissing us off (which you're not, at least not amongst those of us with brains, because we can see this for that it really is) and leading you in turn to forget how many other players have turned you down this summer because you're so pleased at *possibly* annoying us.

You're a fool if you think otherwise. Meanwhile....tick tock!

Including hero Jedinak who has currently refused to sign a new contract and the Palace board publicly stating their interest in Bridcutt, is a way of putting pressure on him to sign the new contract.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fair enough. no real need for the board to flog him yet then, Should still get a few quid for him In January or next summer if he decides to move on.

Who knows. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he might go today (though I hope not). But I am absolutely 100% convinced it wouldn't be to Palace, just because it would be PR suicide.

Then again, if you pitched up with £10 million (which you won't, I'm sure), I might say we should take it & run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports