Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton players who's name slips my mind...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I also remember the great hope that were the Fox brothers: Simon and Mark - they could have been HUGE, if only Case had possessed the wit to see it!

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Oh, I'm getting all nostalgic. In fact I'm going to set up a new club called BHA Seagulls United FC and start from the County League, reclaiming the club for its fans, so we can watch from weed-strewn terraces with beer in our hands.

Edit: actually I might not do that. I might stick to my padded Amex seat and watch our flairtastic side win the Championship.

An image of the Goldstone that sticks in my head is the houses that over looked the ground in the corner of the stadium! And the dark and dingy bar in the directors box half time area where I would go and eat egg and cress sandwiches because they seemed to be the only ones that were ever left...

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Oh, I'm getting all nostalgic. In fact I'm going to set up a new club called BHA Seagulls United FC and start from the County League, reclaiming the club for its fans, so we can watch from weed-strewn terraces with beer in our hands.

Edit: actually I might not do that. I might stick to my padded Amex seat and watch our flairtastic side win the Championship.

was getting excited for a sec then would have even come back from NZ for that.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As a kid i always thought it must have been really 'cool' to live in the houses that overlooked the ground.

Poor ****ers now get to look at a car park if they are lucky.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stuart Myall.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
What was the name of the defender signed from Chelsea in the late 80s? I seem to remember he got stabbed when he was a youth team player for Chelsea whilst attending a game at Millwall.

I should be able to remember his name was, because I once went on a date with girlfiriend behind his back!:drool:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Who were the guys chopped with one swoop of the axe? Something to do with being bad influences.

I'm thinking it was Mundee, Mcdonald and a couple of others.

....Maskell and Baird tho DK said it was because of their wages when we moved to Gillingham. Think Sir Robbie as well.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I remember sitting in the stand at the away League Cup match against Leicester City in 1994. Peter Smith ran from one end of the field to the other to deliver a useful cross.

Leicester City fan next to me clearly expecting him to come a cropper yelled out 'he's still got the ball', a number of yards later 'he's STILL got the ball', repeating it louder a few times until the cross was made. Classic.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
How the times have changed since those days? Particularly, the cars that the current players own compared to what the players of that era drove.

I remember during that time, approaching the lights near Shoreham airport. Alongside me was a Ford Fiesta that had seen better days driven by Mark Fox. Also in it was his brother Simon, Paul McDonald and Derek Allan. ( The centre half, not the club secretary)

I hope the passengers chipped in for Petrol......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here