[Politics] Brighton Pavilion, Labour candidate - who to vote for?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Jeez ......

Horrific thread.

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more i'd like Sian Berry to take the seat. Brightonians should be proud to return a Green MP and I hope this continues. Berry I think would carry on the good work that Lucas has been doing.
If you’re a Green, sure, be proud and pleased. But there’s no reason why someone who supports another party "should" feel proud. I’m guessing they’d vote Green if they felt that way? It’s like "All football fans in Manchester should feel proud of Man City’s achievements." Nah, not how it works.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If you’re a Green, sure, be proud and pleased. But there’s no reason why someone who supports another party "should" feel proud. I’m guessing they’d vote Green if they felt that way? It’s like "All football fans in Manchester should feel proud of Man City’s achievements." Nah, not how it works.
I would love to vote Green, but because of our stupid voting system I'll be putting my X for Labour.

I am proud though that a Green MP represents the constituency i grew up in.

So the vapid music industry hanger on who can’t name a single meaningful change policy gets the nomination. I’d imagine the Greens are very pleased

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh well, never mind, how sad :smile:

I'm pleased about that. I'm not a fan of celebrity candidates. They have someone in there who has lived locally for over 20 years and is connected to the area.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm pleased about that. I'm not a fan of celebrity candidates. They have someone in there who has lived locally for over 20 years and is connected to the area.
Glenda Jackson was decent. Completely stopped her former career just to be lobby fodder on the back benches.

Somehow I suspect Izzard probably wouldn't have done that.

It iz what it iz.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Glenda Jackson was decent. Completely stopped her former career just to be lobby fodder on the back benches.

Somehow I suspect Izzard probably wouldn't have done that.

It iz what it iz.
I think Glenda Jackson had also lived in the area for years so was aware of local issues. I’m also glad that Izzard didn’t make it. He would be a distraction.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think Glenda Jackson had also lived in the area for years so was aware of local issues. I’m also glad that Izzard didn’t make it. He would be a distraction.
What a lovely way of putting it. Quite so :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I wonder where the Palace Kunt will turn up next telling the constituents they have a soft spot for the town/city and they have their interests at heart! Stupid Kunt !
:smile:

IMG_1314.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder where the Palace Kunt will turn up next telling the constituents they have a soft spot for the town/city and they have their interests at heart! Stupid Kunt !
'Blaenau Gwent has a special place in my heart. Ever since I located it on the map'

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So the vapid music industry hanger on who can’t name a single meaningful change policy gets the nomination. I’d imagine the Greens are very pleased
I think calling someone who is a Mercury Prize-winning songwriter with three UK top 20 Albums to his name a ‘music industry hanger on’ says more about you than him.

Are you pals with Tim & Ivan?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think calling someone who is a Mercury Prize-winning songwriter with three UK top 20 Albums to his name a ‘music industry hanger on’ says more about you than him.

Are you pals with Tim & Ivan?
😂 You clearly don’t know @London Irish then, you’re politics are more closely aligned to those two than LI’s

Edit, I’ve just seen you’re a newbie so I’ll cut you some slack 😂

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Referring to a male narcissist as ‘her’ is not being ‘polite’, it’s cowardly. Humans can’t shape-shift between sexes.You go down that path then it’s a short hop, skip and a jump to allowing male rapists in female prisons and the chemical castration of sexually confused kids.
Oh good grief :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Referring to a male narcissist as ‘her’ is not being ‘polite’, it’s cowardly. Humans can’t shape-shift between sexes.You go down that path then it’s a short hop, skip and a jump to allowing male rapists in female prisons and the chemical castration of sexually confused kids.
A recent member and this is just your 20th post. I predict a permanent ban within 2 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports