Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brighton Pavilion, Labour candidate - who to vote for?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The Pop Star and the Celebrity Trans person have no experience in Politics, yes they shout a lot on social media and no doubt deliver a few leaflets, so for me it has to be the Cllrs who get the nod! Its an important gig being an MP not a circus !
That's what politics is now. Celebtrity and bluster. Three word straplines that the thick nation swallow up. That's the Tory legacy, soundbites over substance. Lies over honesty. Greed over care. Looks like I've caught the bug....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Pop Star and the Celebrity Trans person have no experience in Politics, yes they shout a lot on social media and no doubt deliver a few leaflets, so for me it has to be the Cllrs who get the nod! Its an important gig being an MP not a circus !
To be fair to the “Pop Star” he does have quite a lot of experience with being on professional boards and bodies like being on the board of the Ivors and the PRS. These represent, campaign and support people.

The more I read about him the more he seems a really decent and smart person….and quite normal. If my vote was Pavillion I’d go for him I think.

Calling him a pop star is a stretch as well :lolol:

Last edited:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
because the current occupant of the seat shines as to how politicians should behave and puts in comment which is beyond the straight labour v tory dialogue and not tainted by SNP dogma or Liberal Democrat confusion.

If her successor is half as good as her then she will continue to outweigh the contribution of large numbers of faceless MPs of all persuasions.
The Green candidate Sian Berry is already doing precisely this as a member of the London Assembly and a Councillor.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Eddie Izzard has been talking knowledgeably and passionately on political matters for a number of years. In particular I heard her (yes her, if that’s what she wants to be known as then there’s no reason not to show common courtesy in addressing someone as they want, but really, this isn’t the point of the thread) talk well before the Brexit referendum. Sadly to no avail.

I guess that as trans issues seems to be a big political issue, it wouldn't hurt to have a trans person in parliament. Though I totally get the point that having a Green is good as well.

The thing that’s a bit of a red flag on Eddie is something about how she’s campaigning for the seat from New York. Did I remember that right? Huge apologies Eddie if I didn’t. But that smacks to me very much of, “if you’re like that before you have the job what will be you be like after”

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Eddie Izzard has been talking knowledgeably and passionately on political matters for a number of years. In particular I heard her (yes her, if that’s what she wants to be known as then there’s no reason not to show common courtesy in addressing someone as they want, but really, this isn’t the point of the thread) talk well before the Brexit referendum. Sadly to no avail.

I guess that as trans issues seems to be a big political issue, it wouldn't hurt to have a trans person in parliament. Though I totally get the point that having a Green is good as well.

The thing that’s a bit of a red flag on Eddie is something about how she’s campaigning for the seat from New York. Did I remember that right? Huge apologies Eddie if I didn’t. But that smacks to me very much of, “if you’re like that before you have the job what will be you be like after”
Two words, Palace Kunt !

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
correct me me if i am wrong - liitle out of touch .........i thought when in trousers and acting roles permit, eddie izzard like to be he/him but when in a skirt and calls himself susy izzard then it is her/she ?

so when campaining via zoom is there a leg camera ?

also - can susy go into the ladies toilets and expose herself to girls under 16 ?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
correct me me if i am wrong - liitle out of touch .........i thought when in trousers and acting roles permit, eddie izzard like to be he/him but when in a skirt and calls himself susy izzard then it is her/she ?

also - can susy go into the ladies toilets and expose herself to girls under 16 ?
What the fyck is wrong with you

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don’t know about this.

Will Izzard have the time to dedicate to the job?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

if exposing yourself to girls under 16 is your thing, you're not going to let a sign on a door stop you

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Any sicko can walk into a toilet and expose themselves to anyone. That minuscule threat does not increase because trans people exist.

And as you well know, women’s toilets consist of private cubicles. Nobody is exposing anything.

Fool.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
nope - just a saftey issue with cock & balls in a women's safe place.......

..........not all men are rapists, but all rapists are men......

Oh dear. Clueless. Inaccurate. Transphobic.

You seem nice 👍

Just out of interest, how do you check people entering a female toilet for “cock and balls”. You volunteering?

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023

Referring to a male narcissist as ‘her’ is not being ‘polite’, it’s cowardly. Humans can’t shape-shift between sexes.You go down that path then it’s a short hop, skip and a jump to allowing male rapists in female prisons and the chemical castration of sexually confused kids.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Jeez ......

Horrific thread.

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more i'd like Sian Berry to take the seat. Brightonians should be proud to return a Green MP and I hope this continues. Berry I think would carry on the good work that Lucas has been doing.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Jeez ......

Horrific thread.

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more i'd like Sian Berry to take the seat. Brightonians should be proud to return a Green MP and I hope this continues. Berry I think would carry on the good work that Lucas has been doing.

It’s certainly taken a turn toward the bear pit. I won’t be engaging further with the transphobes on here.

I am with you though, keep it Green.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just out of interest, how do you check people entering a female toilet for “cock and balls”. You volunteering?
IMG_1003.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here