Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose 25 million 2015/2016

Agree with you the amounts are obscene but am I right in saying a big wedge of that mahoosive loss was expenditure on the training centre? Or am I just hoping it was!

We seem to have lost 10 million upwards ever since the amex,10 million is still a tad obscene:moo: The fact we don't seem to know where these millions were spent on is a bit worrying in itself!:ohmy: So if i bought a season ticket for £600ish i would halt the losses for 10/12 minutes? probably got my figures wrong but we must be losing 3k an hour:down:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Trouble is, if you were in a job where you are one of the best in the industry and can demand wages would you not, regardless if the numbers started to get silly?

Yes, there is some hypocrisy to challenging footballers' wages. Of course they strike your average punter in the street as far too high, but extreme sporting talent is rare, and if we are honest, we too would demand huge salaries if we are selling a high-value commodity. Like it or not, rightly or wrongly, it is the way of the world.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Every time we don't sign a striker there are clever dicks on here suggesting we don't pay enough to be truly "going for it". I thought the picture of our losses being enough to make every Amex season ticket holder a millionaire might make it a bit easier for the hard of thinking to visualise Tony's commitment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there is some hypocrisy to challenging footballers' wages. Of course they strike your average punter in the street as far too high, but extreme sporting talent is rare, and if we are honest, we too would demand huge salaries if we are selling a high-value commodity. Like it or not, rightly or wrongly, it is the way of the world.

Sporting talent would be just as rare regardless of paying 50k or 500k a week:moo:

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Every time we don't sign a striker there are clever dicks on here suggesting we don't pay enough to be truly "going for it". I thought the picture of our losses being enough to make every Amex season ticket holder a millionaire might make it a bit easier for the hard of thinking to visualise Tony's commitment

We only have 25 season ticket holders now then ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Enough to make every STH a millionaire. Think on that the next time someone says we're not going for it.

We have more than 200 STH's

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I think you've had a bit of senior moment there [emoji16]

Not that hard to understand is it?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

That was very kind of you to help the thick people realise what you were getting at - the losses are say 200 million, and so it will be like the 200 season ticket holders that support the club each being a millionaire. Thanks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So TB hasn't put £23 billion into The Albion then?

No. No he hasn't. It was a shit analogy based on not taking off a correct amount of 0s and then sticking with it. This doesn't happen often on NSC but I'm going to admit to gross idiocy, with the mitigating circumstances of having manflu.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No. No he hasn't. It was a shit analogy based on not taking off a correct amount of 0s and then sticking with it. This doesn't happen often on NSC but I'm going to admit to gross idiocy, with the mitigating circumstances of having manflu.

Good on you. I was going to have a field day at your expense, after you called into question my thinking last week, but you are right -admitting as you do, is quite rare, and you are forgiven!! And get over manflu by 48 hours - with the train situation, and empty seats showing, we are going to need every able-bodied fan there supporting the team . .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So out of interest, what would the club be worth / valued at if Bloom wanted to sell and somebody was prepared to buy?

'Demand > Supply' quite simply, when that dynamic is there it will always cause an increase, especially in possibly the richest commodity in the world - Football

It wasn't demand that drove up wages just a bucket of sky cash thrown at the football world! Whatever extra tv money comes along it will be soaked up agents/players because clubs have no backbone to make a stand.:blush:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We seem to have lost 10 million upwards ever since the amex,10 million is still a tad obscene:moo: The fact we don't seem to know where these millions were spent on is a bit worrying in itself!:ohmy: So if i bought a season ticket for £600ish i would halt the losses for 10/12 minutes? probably got my figures wrong but we must be losing 3k an hour:down:

25m a year works out at: £68,500 a day.
£2853.81 an hour
£47.56 a minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here