Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton lose 25 million 2015/2016

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
So out of interest, what would the club be worth / valued at if Bloom wanted to sell and somebody was prepared to buy?

Wolves were sold for 30m in the summer. Talk of deals for a Forest takeover were being nearer 40m mark. Owner of Hull was looking nearer the 100m but that figure was quoted post them having gained promotion.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Wolves were sold for 30m in the summer. Talk of deals for a Forest takeover were being nearer 40m mark. Owner of Hull was looking nearer the 100m but that figure was quoted post them having gained promotion.

The issue is if he was to sell now what would he do with the outstanding amount owed to him? We have this at Sunderland, say the clubs worth £100m but the owner has put in £120m then he sells at a £20m loss even though on the face of it £100m sounds good

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So out of interest, what would the club be worth / valued at if Bloom wanted to sell and somebody was prepared to buy?

Somebody would have to purchase or fund the debt

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agree with you the amounts are obscene but am I right in saying a big wedge of that mahoosive loss was expenditure on the training centre? Or am I just hoping it was!

Just hoping it was I'm afraid:
The accounts show an overall loss of £25.8m, compared with £10.4m in the previous season. The increase in losses relates largely to investment in the playing squad during the 2015/16 season.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bloody hideous players wages.....Mr bloom is the ultimate legend and I hope his dream comes true this season and he gets some sort of reward for being the best chairman ever:clap2::clap2:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Just hoping it was I'm afraid:

How come we have complied with under the permitted loss of 13 million? It reads to me the remaining 12 million was allowed because it was spent on the training centre, but obviously I am not seeing something here!???

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Basically we need to go up this year

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Before any other fans start wading in with accusations

The accounts also show that the club has complied with Football League’s Financial Fair Play Rules for the period. Clubs voted to increase the level of permitted losses to £13m effective from the start of the 2015/16. Based on the operating loss adjusted for depreciation and allowable expenditure - such as our investment in our Category 1 academy - Albion will once again comply.

Just read the above......so does that our permitted loss rose from 10 million the previous year to permitted loss of 13 million with an additional loss on expenditure of approximately 12 million ie the training ground?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So TB hasn't put £23 billion into The Albion then?

:lol:

No. No he hasn't. It was a shit analogy based on not taking off a correct amount of 0s and then sticking with it. This doesn't happen often on NSC but I'm going to admit to gross idiocy, with the mitigating circumstances of having manflu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh GB, I shouldn't really laugh, given the situation (the losses, not your manflu), but I DID have a little chuckle just reading through that.

Hope you feel better soon, mate.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
13 million permitted loss but 12 million extra loss spent on the training ground?

Bollox I am confused off to bed!:eek::dunce:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just read the above......so does that our permitted loss rose from 10 million the previous year to permitted loss of 13 million with an additional loss on expenditure of approximately 12 million ie the training ground?

It really is the economics of the madhouse, isn't it? The more you spend - the more you are allowed to lose.

At what point do the people incurring these obscene loses decide to cut their loses and just walk away?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
To the tune of Solly, Solly March, why not Tony, Tony Bloom - come on North Stand; get it going on Friday night and for the rest of the season. He is an absolute legend, as this figure is staggering, as others have mentioned.

Bloom, Bloom, Blue and white army (In the same way Newcatle do toon toon) would sound good IMHO

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

It must have done, there is no other explanation. But it's not only training ground that is excluded. Excluded expenditure is depreciation (there was £4.9m in 2015 accounts); youth development costs (presumably more than just Lancing); investment in club's community scheme (must be some); and promotion bonuses (we wish). There is discretionary allowance also for one-offs like bad debt but doubt any apply.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It must have done, there is no other explanation. But it's not only training ground that is excluded. Excluded expenditure is depreciation (there was £4.9m in 2015 accounts); youth development costs (presumably more than just Lancing); investment in club's community scheme (must be some); and promotion bonuses (we wish). There is discretionary allowance also for one-offs like bad debt but doubt any apply.

Oh.

I thought that referred to the guest pies.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Pogba on £290k a week and now Ozil and Sanchez, who earn £160k a week want parity with Pogba's wages or close to it or they'll be leaving Arsenal.. £160k a week not enough to live on eh chaps, short career and all that. Fing hell. Where will it end? Football WILL eat itself.

Will make my conscience lie easier if it does. A high percentage of the very best footballers are far, far worse human beings than the so called fat cats of industry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here