Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion - Watford FC *** Official Match Thread ***

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Watford were not a patch on the team that beat us last year but we played like we are, an average mid table team

...absolutely ravaged by injuries.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
lucky point - we look poor, slow, and predictable.

CMS. Bridders, Orlandi, and Ulloa make us a really decent team tho.

Disagree completely, thought we broke quickly, used the flanks well and passed well on the whole. Thought we were pretty good today and with that little extra quality in the final third would have won against one of the best teams in the league. Honestly think with Bridcutt in midfield allowing more players to get forward and press we would have won that game, especially with Ulloa and CMS hounding the back 4.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That was alright. Decent point. Buckley played well. Defence pretty solid. Andrews looked good, Crofts and Jake did OK. After that start, I thought that we did pretty well.

BURNO looks a bit dodgy defensively - maybe give SALTA a game next time out.

Cutting edge and confidence required. Onwards and upwards

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
A draw is the fair result - shame we need wins. Let's hope Lita can play move minutes soon and make an impact

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Watford were not a patch on the team that beat us last year but we played like we are, an average mid table team

Bugger off, that was BRILLIANT!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I really enjoyed that game, the team showed real spirit and got some luck after a very unlucky opening goal. This game is all about entertainment and that was top class. Expected to lose badly so I am well chuffed with a point.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Really chuffed with that. Most people thought we'd lose, but were well in it all game. Much better than last year too.
Welcome to the season, Ash & Will. Top class, both of you.

First 15 minutes, I thought we would get stuffed, but there is real character in the side. Didn't panic and got on with it. Yes we had some luck (about time) but we really competed against a quality team. There is still lot's of time to put a run together and Lita looks real class. Would love to see him and Ulloa play together. Maybe a deal in January?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We've signed enough players to move on from that excuse

Oh please go to bed, you are actually succeeding in winding me up with your mindless drivel, which I suppose is your rather sad agenda.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Very pleased with that, we looked better than we have. Thought Barnes led the line well and held the ball up a lot better.

This will probably have the usual cretins out in force, but i think in a game like that we missed having CMS - making those runs into channels and pulling one of the CB's out of position would have exploited more space - like Lita did in the last 15. Also, get Bridders back to allow Andrews/Crofts more licence to roam forward - we looked dangerous when they were making moves in the middle of the park.

Watford were good, but quite a petulant side - lot of little niggly fouls. Unlucky with the 'goal' but over the 90mins the luck balanced out. Draw is a fair result.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We've signed enough players to move on from that excuse

Have we really?
Have we signed cover for Hoskins?
Have we signed cover for Ulloa?
Have we signed cover for Lua Lua?
Have we signed cover for Bridcutt?

At least get a decent argument, you're sounding a bit tired, bitter and one dimensional now.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Have we really?

At least get a decent argument, you're sounding a bit tired, bitter and one dimensional now.

Hoskins never a first team player
Lita for Ulloa from the Prem
Conway for Lua Lua from the Prem
Agustien/Andrews from the Prem/played in the Prem

So I would say yes we have signed enough players and quality at that

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Have we really?

He's yearning for the days of Dick TIGHT now.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hoskins never a first team player
Lita for Ulloa from the Prem
Conway for Lua Lua from the Prem
Agustien/Andrews from the Prem/played in the Prem

So I would say yes we have signed enough players and quality at that

Agustien is also injured.
Who's the replacement for Andrea?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why are we signing injured players and half fit players then ? I've said no point signing players on loan unless they're ready to go

Agustien is the only one who's subsequently got injured.
He isn't on loan.

Players who aren't playing football won't be match fit (ie Lita).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here