Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That Trossard goal should have stood. Disgrace from Chris Kavanagh again.

Shocking defending in the first half, but the lads showed amazing spirit in the second. What a great second half performance and superb spirit. If only we got the winner we deserved.

Agreed but they could have won it near the end and Dunks header needed the deflection. Zequiri and Burn should/could have scored too however in that 2nd half particularly after Webster hit the bar.. Mad game.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Agree with this, especially as we have players coming back like Propper, Lallana, Lamptey, Welbeck (hopefully) and then Moder coming in. Thought Maupay was back to near his best today too.

Yeah Maupay was dropping into some lovely spaces. Needs to stop trying to shoot from outside the area though. They’re blocked or little pea rollers.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
What I probably enjoyed most today is that due to the way the game panned out with Aaron's injury and Yves' yellow card, Potter was forced to make three cracking substitutes. All three substitutions were absolutely the right choices at the right time. I actually felt excited by all three as it meant we remained attacking and positive through those substitutes until the final whistle, as opposed to Gross, Ali J (much as I like him) who are largely uninspiring and add little.

It’s true that. Connelly was great but we needed presence in that 2nd half. Would Potter have done that sub at halftime? Unlikely.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I hope that is 2 individual halves that guide Potter forward with our season. Dan Burn has to have a break as he can have his magical times and be madcap, but is not a consistent top-flight defender, and certainly not a wingback either. For a player impossibly tall he doesn't seem to dominate in the air either. I like his efforts, and the type of trier he is, but if we need to be tough to beat, this has to end. Then, of course, don't play White in midfield. I don't remember any interceptions in that first half, or many passes either. Seems more to be a defender with a silken touch, who needs to strengthen up a bit. If he is our future, let's have him in that back 3 of centrebacks.
And i hope Zeqiri's dad saw that miss, and his general touch. Worked hard, but really quite sh*t. Hope he improves, but he doesn't seem to be scorer we're missing.

Great post.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I hope that is 2 individual halves that guide Potter forward with our season. Dan Burn has to have a break as he can have his magical times and be madcap, but is not a consistent top-flight defender, and certainly not a wingback either. For a player impossibly tall he doesn't seem to dominate in the air either. I like his efforts, and the type of trier he is, but if we need to be tough to beat, this has to end. Then, of course, don't play White in midfield. I don't remember any interceptions in that first half, or many passes either. Seems more to be a defender with a silken touch, who needs to strengthen up a bit. If he is our future, let's have him in that back 3 of centrebacks.
And i hope Zeqiri's dad saw that miss, and his general touch. Worked hard, but really quite sh*t. Hope he improves, but he doesn't seem to be scorer we're missing.

Just an extraordinary state of affairs. To play an average championship centre half as left back in a premier team is shocking, yes there are a handful of games that he's done well in but he was always pushing the boundaries of his abilities and expectations. Surely any manager worth their salt would of thrown a wobbly a year ago with the hierarchy to say, "give me the tools to do the job". If he did and they didn't listen he should have leaked his discontent with the press and If he didn't have that conversation then, when he goes he can only blame himself. :annoyed:

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Things we need to do to stay up in my opinion:

- We can't use PL games as a university for our inexperienced players. Zeqiri looked decent today but needs six months in a Championship team and Connolly needs a year. Maupay and Wellbeck are enough strikers. We play with one striker supported by two of Trossard, MacAllister, ARJ and maybe Lallana and Gross. Don't play Maupay in support of our striker.

- Fitting Lallana in the team is becoming problematic. He is in an out of the team and we need consistency. I understand that he has highest weekly wage in our roster but we don't need to force him into the team.

- Welcome back Mr. Propper. Propper and Bissouma from here on out with Alzate and Gross as back ups.

- Stick with 5-2-3 from here on out. Lamptey and March as wingbacks with Veltman and Alzate as back ups.

- Maloumby and Sanders go out on loan in January for at least six months so they come back as actual contenders for positions.

- Burn, get him a therapist immediately!!! I think this game did some semi permanent damage there.

- Starting 11 is only picked for 14 to 15 players.

We were always going to be defending to stay in the division under Hughton, never going to do better imo. Under Potter we look like a competitive PL team. Still relegation fodder but if he gets the players and keeps using the academy we MIGHT become a mid table team that entertains. I am not asking for the PL title just to be able to enjoy Albion going toe to toe with the best. For that reason I can be VERY patient :shrug:

I confess at half time I thought we were down though :down: The first time I have lost faith but WOW did we compete in the second half !

If anything of that was happening I would still be on the fence over Potter, ie giving him the benefit of the doubt. But the reality is the team makes the same mistakes every time. He will say he will learn from these experiences in press conferences but in the next games we will concede the same soft goals, because he is out of his depth coping with attacks of this ferocity.

The reality is with Sheff gone and WBA looking an odds against rescue job, it’s now a coin toss between us and Fulham for the plunge. I think our chances would improve massively with a manager who would come in with a fresh pair of eyes organising our defence and make us hard to score against, Biss in midfield and Maupay up front are good enough to do the rest

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
For those asking what do we really bring to the premier league?
I think tonight neutral match of the day viewers will enjoy the game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
For those asking what do we really bring to the premier league?
I think tonight neutral match of the day viewers will enjoy the game.

Although neutral would enjoy 6 goals. Poor standard apart from 30mins in first half when Wolves played well and looked like scoring every attack. 2nd half we were better of 2 poor sides

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Although neutral would enjoy 6 goals. Poor standard apart from 30mins in first half when Wolves played well and looked like scoring every attack. 2nd half we were better of 2 poor sides

Can I get you a top up your glass appears to be half empty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here