Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I'm fine with White in midfield to be honest. Presses well, gets the ball back, good ball retention and excellent forward vision and passing (better than Biss in that department).

No idea why people have such an issue with this. Gives us an extra attacking threat.

Dan Burn is a separate issue. Good going forward, bad defender.

Edit: Nice to see Propper back, playing well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Much like the rest of the team then? Oh and two assists tonight.

Two? That’s one of the three games

Edit:
Apologies - thought March had taken corner

Still think he’s a poor signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
That Trossard goal should have stood. Disgrace from Chris Kavanagh again.

Shocking defending in the first half, but the lads showed amazing spirit in the second. What a great second half performance and superb spirit. If only we got the winner we deserved.

You are clearly deluded mate, Potter needs to **** off, Dunk's goal could have been scored under Hughton or Potter..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not good enough. More horrific defending. Another over tinkered line up. Putting Dan Burn out to slaughter against Traore. Another very winnable game gone. Potter out.

That's desperate, Dan :shrug:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Reminded you of some mid 90s games. Sorry, but I am calling bullshit on that. If we had put in that performance in the mid 90s it would have blown teams away. That was so so so better than stuff in the 90s. To compare them is just insane.

I'm referring to being utter gash, then battling away to take a point, saw plenty of that thanks.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm fine with White in midfield to be honest. Presses well, gets the ball back, good ball retention and excellent forward vision and passing (better than Biss in that department).

No idea why people have such an issue with this. Gives us an extra attacking threat.

Dan Burn is a separate issue. Good going forward, bad defender.

Edit: Nice to see Propper back, playing well.

Because he is one of our 3 best centre backs. Probably one of our best 2 RBS and LBS too.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Played much better in the 2nd half, Potter had his hand forced and had to change things.

I can't help but think this is papering over the cracks. He seems to only ever get it right for half a game at a time and I don't trust him to keep any momentum from that decent half of football.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
If we play like we did in the second half we should be fine !

Much more attacking intent and with pace.........long way to go but there were signs in that 2nd half performance.

Get the team selection right and players playing in their correct positions is what Potter must now do.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Alas, the only visionary central midfield player is Lallana and he will be used sparingly. He is a joy to watch and will be mega bucks to replace but our future depends on it.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Brighton captain Lewis Dunk, speaking to Sky Sports:
"I think it's a deserved point. The first half was pretty even but we conceded three easy goals - that's not good enough.

"But we showed we had fight. We were 1-0 up and then 3-1 down and you're asking yourself 'what's going on here?'."

Very honest from the big man. Great 2nd half boyo.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
We might as well ****ing go home now, 1-3 and Bissouma a walking red card.

Well imagine how I feel the games over, we're ht at 1-3 I don't know the final score and still have the second half to read through, I must be effing mad 😡

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The huge irony here tonight is that Nuno Espírito Santo is more likely to get sacked after todays result rather than Potter !

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
8 wins from our last 21 games and we should be safe - maybe only 7. We can still do this if we show the fight of the second half today. Come on lads!

Play like they did in the second half and this team will be fine - the problem is that the team is way too inconsistent to be sure about anything.

The last 21 games have been 3W, 10D, 8L - that would be 19 points and a total of 33 points - which is relegation territory - so they do have to up their game.

I’m not having a go I just think that you don’t want to be proved wrong about Potter. You have never and I mean never backed him.

In fact I seem to recall that you suggested I’d turn against him when things got iffy. You were wrong, I am very much team Potter, even with the atrocious run of form :shrug:

I mean, yes I agree? I’ve been on the fence ever since he’s been here and never called for his replacement but I’ve seen enough now, I don’t think his organisation of the team, particularly the defence, passes minimum standards of competence. We have players good enough for lower mid table being dragged down by him. I know you have said you will back him all the way to relegation, which is not a serious position in my book, you are not making any clear-headed attempt to judge his performance as a manager (I think because you are still hung up over Hughton, bizarrely. Hughton being substandard doesn’t give a free run for his replacement to be the same!)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo, speaking to BBC Sport:
"I'm sad and frustrated. We had the game under control and in the second half we should have done much better.

"It's no excuse. For us as a team we should perform and act much better. It's an educational process.

"In the set-piece we knew Brighton are dangerous. I felt honestly it was all about us. In the first half we played very good football and every time we attack we looked dangerous. I felt the game was in our control. We don't have to panic. We just need to stick with our plan because the solutions are here with us."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here