[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I’m not sure you’ve watched much of Eddie Howe’s Newcastle side away from home against good sides then?

Expect more of today next Saturday just with better players which is a bit concerning. Big week ahead for us.
Nah I tend to avoid Saudi FC as much as possible

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
A game we mainly dominated but fiddled about to much, seemed scared to shoot . Reminds me of couple of seasons ago when we couldn`t score.
They on the other hand hand few chances but looked very dangerous attacking and put away their chances.!!! Did anyone look good today ??
Looking forward to Newcastle !!
Sums the match up pretty well.
Hey ho, not worried at all but would have been nice to have had the 3 wins under our belt.
As someone commented a while ago, isn't it wonderful to not even consider being a relegation candidate?
Something that was always lurking, just a few seasons ago. :)

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Lots of criticism on the Brighton players, and indeed it was a terrible performance, but I have to credit how West Ham played.
Moyes had his tactics spot on with the counter-attacking football, and they were to exploit our defensive errors.
They have shown why that European trophy is not a fluke, and will be a force to be reckoned with in the future too.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Credit to West Ham. They set up low and broke well. They looked very solid and we seemed very devoid of ideas until the 75th minute. Lots of crosses into the box which were easily cleared. If we’d started like we finished who knows but on to the next one.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Lots of criticism on the Brighton players, and indeed it was a terrible performance, but I have to credit how West Ham played.
Moyes had his tactics spot on with the counter-attacking football, and they were to exploit our defensive errors.
They have shown why that European trophy is not a fluke, and will be a force to be reckoned with in the future too.
Bar Webster, I didn’t think anyone in blue and white were particularly poor. Just couldn’t break a well drilled West Ham side down. 3 very good goals on the break, all of which could have been avoided by better decision up the field.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't believe a few people suggesting we were unlucky today (including the nsc twitter)

Quite simply, outclassed. By fcking Moyes and west ham.

And this has been threatened all season. a Few people predicting trouble before this game. De zerbi needs to be more flexible. If we get stuffed next Saturday questions need to be asked.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
not panicking at all….

didn’t like today that dunk and Webster took over the mantle of creative midfielders and all of our midfield options were very negative today….lot of square balls.

not sure what the point in playing Ferguson and wellbeck at CF when we refused to cross the ball apart from rubbish corners!

this guy from Lille needs to come in and I couldn’t understand why Mohammed didn’t play

very off team selection

but in RDZ we trust!

( please play a bit better against newcastle)

btw. The keeper was outstanding and saved them no doubt.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Bar Webster, I didn’t think anyone in blue and white were particularly poor. Just couldn’t break a well drilled West Ham side down. 3 very good goals on the break, all of which could have been avoided by better decision up the field.
True, it just felt like one of those days where nothing would go our way - likely because of that impressive West Ham defending.
From my view, the players weren't at their usual standards, but they know that and I'm sure they will have a point to prove in the next few fixtures.
This is still an amazing Brighton squad, and I love that, however I probably feel slightly dejected as I am sure that this club, currently, can reach even higher.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don’t like WH as a club but today we had us sussed, credit to David Moyes

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'd rather have a poor performance now, rather than when it really matters. We (for whatever reason - and it wasn't losing Ali Mac and Caicedo) weren't at our sharpest.
I would have taken 6 points from a possible 9, from our first 3 matches.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
True, it just felt like one of those days where nothing would go our way - likely because of that impressive West Ham defending.
From my view, the players weren't at their usual standards, but they know that and I'm sure they will have a point to prove in the next few fixtures.
This is still an amazing Brighton squad, and I love that, however I probably feel slightly dejected as I am sure that this club, currently, can reach even higher.
Trouble is, when players turn it 9/10s nearly every match, when they do a 6/7 it feels poor. But it isn’t really.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Moyes had a plan to hit us hard on the counter which was executed perfectly

Their keeper massively kept them in it on several occasions

Thought Gilmore was very good

Ref was awful but didn’t stop us winning the game

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One of them - take it on the chin and move on. The best footballing team doesn’t always win football matches - they did a job, which wasn’t pretty but they won. On we go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports