Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Positive night from my perspective.

Playing a team going for CL, without our most important defender, and got the draw which was the fair result on the overall play imo.
I thought BDB had an excellent game and we so nearly had another home clean sheet - Biss’s clearance hitting AL or whoever and downhill from there.
A good first game in ages for SA and lots of half chances involving AJ. The Lion had a good cameo with a class finish from Welbz. LT would be the only one that I think was disappointing, although clearly JM at LWB is a stretch!
I hope we can stick with MC on Tuesday but suspect we’ll be pointless so that just leaves winning at The Emirates. Come on Albion!

With TL and SM back, perhaps a more experienced JM and MK by then, a new CF and LWB orchestrated by PW and DA, then next season with lady luck we might be cheering UTA. But concerns over the progression of AC, SA and DP. W&S.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
With TL and SM back, perhaps a more experienced JM and MK by then, a new CF and LWB orchestrated by PW and DA, then next season with lady luck we might be cheering UTA. But concerns over the progression of AC, SA and DP. W&S.
That's it - I'm going to bed!!:yawn::mad:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
@Icy - what changes do you think should happen this summer and next season, to progress us from a lowly 17th, a paltry 8 wins and a team that’s given away 25 points from winning positions?

A year’s more experience for the manager and younger players and a return to form for Maupay with a quality striker signed should see an improvement, but I won’t be holding my breath on the last bit.

I’m a loser with low expectations so another entertaining relegation battle is a very real possibility. I hope for but don’t demand better :shrug:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just caught the comments on our game on MotD. Praise for Welbeck, followed by 'Who could he sign for next year?' Have any of the media outlets ever praised one of our players without trying to move them on to somewhere else?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
But we've had luck too, penalty against Liverpool, really?

Man United away - absolute certain penalty not given
Man United home a perfectly legitimate penalty awarded to us overturned (clear and obvious my ****)
Southampton home penalty given for a foul two feet outside the box
Palace away penalty against us - total joke
West Brom away - absolutely scandalous decision on the free kick
Spurs away - penalty on Kane when he fouled AL.
Wolves home - Trossard scores and is pulled up for the softest push ever before VAR can even be active.

I am not saying VAR is to blame for us losing so many points but compared to those that have gone for us this season we have been absolutely robbed. People say it evens out over a season but if people can even think of half the number of decisions that have gone in our favour I would be amazed.
Many points

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Positive night from my perspective.
I
Playing a team going for CL, without our most important defender, and got the draw which was the fair result on the overall play imo.
I thought BDB had an excellent game and we so nearly had another home clean sheet - Biss’s clearance hitting AL or whoever and downhill from there.
A good first game in ages for SA and lots of half chances involving AJ. The Lion had a good cameo with a class finish from Welbz. LT would be the only one that I think was disappointing, although clearly JM at LWB is a stretch!
I hope we can stick with MC on Tuesday but suspect we’ll be pointless so that just leaves winning at The Emirates. Come on Albion!
I

You are Jed Mercurio , you write LOD, and I claim my give pounds.

Man United away - absolute certain penalty not given
Man United home a perfectly legitimate penalty awarded to us overturned (clear and obvious my ****)
Southampton home penalty given for a foul two feet outside the box
Palace away penalty against us - total joke
West Brom away - absolutely scandalous decision on the free kick
Spurs away - penalty on Kane when he fouled AL.
Wolves home - Trossard scores and is pulled up for the softest push ever before VAR can even be active.

I am not saying VAR is to blame for us losing so many points but compared to those that have gone for us this season we have been absolutely robbed. People say it evens out over a season but if people can even think of half the number of decisions that have gone in our favour I would be amazed.
Many points

Agree entirely, but for penalty awarded v Liverpool and I think 1 other pen not awarded against us involving Dunk (can't remember which game), we've had far worse luck than good luck.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Sorry guys but I have to say it. Very poor performance far too many passes barely reaching their intended destination. What we used to call hospital balls in the old days. Far too sluggish coming out of defense but then the defenders have to have some kind of movement in front of them to be able to release the ball. Good goal by Welbz good assist by Percy but it was the movement that made it. Something we do not see enough of. Still a good point but we have played far better. Missing some very important players but still no excuse for poor passing

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We are competing in the best league in the world. We have one of the best defences in it. We have players who can keep possession and pass the ball around as if on elastic. We create endless chances and never get hammered (other than by some of our own fans). We are a wafer thin mint away from being top 10. We don’t have a big corporation backing us. We live within a budget. We have a superb academy and have developed facilities that most clubs would die for. We don’t want to lose it all as others looking for glory have done in the past.
To be honest I can’t believe how far we have come. There were times last night I was mesmerised by how well we passed the ball around. I never ever thought I would see my team have players capable of that. Four years developing in the premier league, with the last two with a young manager who looks like he is going places. I have no doubt that TB, GP and the rest have a pretty good idea of what we need and are on the case. I remain optimistic that results will start reflecting our play next season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have just looked at highlights and there goal. The 2 mins before they scored showed what a poor defender Burn is

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We are competing in the best league in the world. We have one of the best defences in it. We have players who can keep possession and pass the ball around as if on elastic. We create endless chances and never get hammered (other than by some of our own fans). We are a wafer thin mint away from being top 10. We don’t have a big corporation backing us. We live within a budget. We have a superb academy and have developed facilities that most clubs would die for. We don’t want to lose it all as others looking for glory have done in the past.
To be honest I can’t believe how far we have come. There were times last night I was mesmerised by how well we passed the ball around. I never ever thought I would see my team have players capable of that. Four years developing in the premier league, with the last two with a young manager who looks like he is going places. I have no doubt that TB, GP and the rest have a pretty good idea of what we need and are on the case. I remain optimistic that results will start reflecting our play next season.

The top ten this season have all won at least 16 games. We have won 8. We have to win twice as many games as at present. That is a massive improvement. That is not a ' wafer thin mint ' away from being top ten.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The top ten this season have all won at least 16 games. We have won 8. We have to win twice as many games as at present. That is a massive improvement. That is not a ' wafer thin mint ' away from being top ten.

You sound so negative.
Fine margins. A small improvement in striking in each game will do the trick.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You sound so negative.
Fine margins. A small improvement in striking in each game will do the trick.
Winning the 4 games against West Brom and Palace would put us 12th and just 5 points off top ten ( the 5 points we dropped v Sheffield Utd ).

As you say a small improvement up front may well provide massive strides up the table.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

FO :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here