[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’ll say it again, we are absolute shite with the final ball. Drives me nuts

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We won't now, and frankly it's not nice to want that, BUT, we must win more games from winning positions, the mental strength to manage a game effectively must be imparted.

We create so many opportunities but score so few, where does the blame lie, for me some of it must be at Potter's door.

I really hope next season we can make that final step and be more ruthless in front of goal.

For me that's not all about another striker but perhaps woking with what we have.

25 points dropped, scary isn't it.

Right.. So you wouldn’t sack GP then? That’s what I’m saying.

I don’t disagree with your points. We all feel the same, It’s been a frustrating season for us. Let’s see what the next one brings.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’ll say it again, we are absolute shite with the final ball. Drives me nuts

At times it’s actually the decision making. Sometimes AJ and Trossard were doing my head in.

Best bit of play was Tau’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
W
I don’t disagree with your points. We all feel the same, It’s been a frustrating season for us. Let’s see what the next one brings.

Only a complete **** would want GP sacked :shrug:

andys320

Jan 10, 2014

Not now, but I may have considered earlier in the season.

Whatever we need to look ahead, as I say for me he has area's to improve. Mind, let's be clear, it's easier from back here!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Biss clearance is deflected and falls perfectly for the Hammers.

Then after a moment or two, Fornals brilliantly floors both Webster and White just before the goal.

The sort of clever stuff that has gone West Ham’s way all season and gone against us in almost every game.

Agree. I know some people don’t like to recognise “luck” here, but football is chaos, and I agree with you Hugo, more often than not this season the football gods have been against us.

We make one mistake? Punished with a goal.
They make a mistake? It ricochets in their favour.
Ball bounced free to one of them outside the box? Unsaveable worldie incoming.
Ball bounces to us outside the box? We’ll miss or hit the woodwork.

We concede pens that when are reversed don’t go our way.

Insane refereeing. I could go on.

I know, luck. But I don’t recall a season like this before with so many things go against us. Can’t wait for this season to end and to reset and go again.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
You wouldn't have brought Percy on?

With hindsight I'd be wrong.

But no I wouldn't, I'd have brought Andone on for Trossard and left Ali J on the pitch.

Perhaps that's why GP is the manager not me.

However I stand by the fact that a lot of our substitutions over last couple of years have baffled me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Biss clearance is deflected and falls perfectly for the Hammers.

Then after a moment or two, Fornals brilliantly floors both Webster and White just before the goal.

The sort of clever stuff that has gone West Ham’s way all season and gone against us in almost every game.
Looked at it in slow-mo - probably not a foul, more just a tangle of legs and bodies, but definitely worth VAR having a look at.

It was Brighton, so what's the chances they didn't!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports