Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the subject of Prime, I just clicked on the match, and it's supposed to show the whole thing, but it's just showing a post match interview. I hope they notice and fix it.

It’s all there but here (despite ultra fast fibre) it’s playing up tonight. Fast forwarding or rewinding is locking it up entirely.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On the subject of Prime, I just clicked on the match, and it's supposed to show the whole thing, but it's just showing a post match interview. I hope they notice and fix it.
Full match replays should be available 'typically within 2 hours of the match ending'. Which is around now. Though still not there.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
He flapped about at all four of their goals, if we're including the two that were disallowed. He never got near the Son and Richarlison efforts that went wide/hit the post as well.

He's just a shockingly shite keeper... yet he's WORLD CLASS on the ball. It's one of the most bizarre things in football IMO.

Aside from his shot stopping, he had a decent game today! Could have had 2 or 3 assists if Pedro was more clinical.
Oh come on. Steele is, at worst, an average EPL quality goaltender.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Aren't Son and Richarlison so Spurs? Both are total cheating pricks.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Fantastic result and performance. We could and should’ve scored more goals, but the same for Tottenham.

I think we beat a strong side who will be challenging in the top 4.

Certainly they are not title contenders when they defend like that and miss so many opportunities.

Shame about the last 10-15 minutes where we conceded two goals and looked a bit shaky.

Overall, delighted with the performance and the result!

It will be more difficult to reach top 6 or top 7 this year with the top end of the league looking a lot stronger than last season and I expect Man U and Newcastle will not keep underperforming and buck their ideas up.

We are still a strong team and despite the injuries and losing Caicedo and Mac Allister we still have lots of good players and should aim high.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Listening to Warren on way home and he wasn’t too impressed with the work rate of Fergie and Beleba. Watched the game again having got home and thought they were ok.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Wow. That RDZ interview is interesting.

He really pressing the fact he had to sell his best players in the summer, I hope he isn't forced to again, or he might leave.
True to form from yourself but you are trying to read nuance into statements that are made in a language that he only learnt last year. It’s very difficult to speak in a foreign language, never mind nuance, as I have found out to my cost!

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
I’ve not heard the RDZ post match interview..but if I were him I’d be more than a touch miffed at the collective switching off for the last 15 mins or so..clearly thought job done. Great result in the end though and lovely to see Pervis back.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
That was a f***ing good result.

What I don't understand is, on paper we always look a bit lightweight in midfield (where games are won or lost), and yet it doesn't work out like that.
What am I missing?
Milner played in 4 positions simultaneously. That helps. Also, Joao Pedro, Welbeck and Buannonotte tracked back well.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Listening to Warren on way home and he wasn’t too impressed with the work rate of Fergie and Beleba. Watched the game again having got home and thought they were ok.
Haven’t heard Warren’s assessment but I would agree that both players looked a bit off the pace of the game. Wouldn’t single them out for criticism as it was about the time that Spurs were getting their act together.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
If you were right (you're not) then De Zerbi, who is a top manager and obviously knows far more than you (and the rest of us), would not pick him.

Yes De Zerbi takes into account Steele's ability on the ball, but he would not pick him if he was a shockingly shite keeper.

What is shockingly shite, is your ability to judge players.
Mustafa has a problem with Steele
Dwayne has a problem with Hinshelwood

Neither will ever be big enough to hold their hands up and say they were wrong

Don’t waste your time :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here