Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Leeds losing 3-1 today, they could win 1-0 v Spurs an Everton draw would still keep them up (assuming Leicester lose tomorrow)
No they have worse gd than Everton they would need to win by more than that.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There's 30 mins of highlights on Sky Sports at 10pm tonight...

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Commentator saying towards the end that he thought we were a top 4 club this season and deserved/belonged in the Champions League. Pointed out the erroneous VAR decisions, injuries and match congestion as the reasons for us dropping the necessary points. Nice to hear!

Matt Upsom

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I really couldn't understand that substitution either. Enciso always looks dangerous, Buona not quite at the right level yet.

Really? I had the opposite thought. Enciso really struggled in the first half. Wasn't surprised he cane off and De Zerbi was really annoyed with him. Thought Goodnight looked better and better as the game went on.
Enciso was a livewire in the first half when he got the ball - but he always seemed to do one twist too many and lose the ball - or simply pass it to one of them after doing so well. I guess RDZ wanted a bit more control of the game?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Enciso was a livewire in the first half when he got the ball - but he always seemed to do one twist too many and lose the ball - or simply pass it to one of them after doing so well. I guess RDZ wanted a bit more control of the game?
Yeahni think so.

There was something going on between Gross and Enciso when he kept losing it. Gross bollocking him and he had a bit of a paddy. Then in a stop in play De Zerbi grabbed him and told him off.

Think he's just young, eager and impulsive and clearly a bit emotional. It's a great set of attributes when you need it, but today needed control and patience. I think Goodnight supplied it better but agree he's not really a winger. He's going to make a great number 10.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm somehow nervous we might not win

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
MOTD - Let's start with a dead rubber between the Champions and mid table (I'm being generous) dross.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
We need one win from the last three games of the season, and if we don't get anything from the next two it will all come down to the final match at Villa. I'm old enough to remember the last time that happened. Fingers crossed we make it over the line this time.
Never in doubt. (Except maybe when it was briefly 2-2. I doubted a little then.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here