Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Match sponsor must have hell of a job to decide who to have their photo with.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Reckon most Albion fans, especially those that paid good money to watch the game, would've wanted us to win or at least be in the 4th Round draw.

I've never understood the desire to be knocked out of the Cup to 'concentrate on the league', as if success in one is mutually exclusive from the other.

And especially not at home to lower league opposition.

Disappointing on all fronts.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
tombstone.png

:cry::cry::cry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but Wednesday didn't bully us, we were just shit.

Yes they did, they chased us down, gave us no time on the ball, tackled hard and won most second balls and 50/50s. We can’t play against that as far as I can see. The team out there today would not cope in the Championship imo.

Bigger hearts not skill won that game

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Not disappointed about going out, very disappointed with the lacklustre performances. This’ll all be forgotten about by this time tomorrow. No big deal.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lucky that not many PL teams try and bully us. Both Weds and Sheffield United did and we looked shit in both games

Simply not true one bit.
What i saw were players treating this game as a training session. They were just going through the motions. Everything was half hearted. They simply didn't fancy playing today.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
But he did seem to catch an injury which resulted in him being subbed off.

Bong was pretty crap but Dale Stephens was unbelievably poor and was responsible for the goal - Button was probably best of a bad bunch !

I didn't appreciate he was injured, would explain why he couldn't do anything and subbed.

Agree Stephens was also overall poor, but he did do a couple of OK bits.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*No plans for Final Day*

Bong, Bissouma, Balogun all poor. At least the subs were right.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Reckon most Albion fans, especially those that paid good money to watch the game, would've wanted us to win or at least be in the 4th Round draw.

I've never understood the desire to be knocked out of the Cup to 'concentrate on the league', as if success in one is mutually exclusive from the other.

And especially not at home to lower league opposition.

Disappointing on all fronts.

Just hope losing doesn't become a habit like it often does 🥺

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Worst performance I've seen for a while...awful passing, communication between players seemed non-existent, and they were completely sucked in by the opposition tactics of falling over without embarrassment at the slightest suggestion of a breeze anywhere near them. Well done to the Wednesday fans though for coming a long way and turning up in numbers for a game most probably didn't expect to win.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Completely disinterested from the outset and some really poor performances. Wednesday not even all that we just looked like we did not want to be there

Yeah, he was fine but I left him out as he's the goalkeeper. It's hard for a goalkeeper to look disinterested, they can't do anything until the game comes to them.

It's uninterested, not disinterested. FFS, where did you go to school?

Sorry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Simply not true one bit.
What i saw were players treating this game as a training session. They were just going through the motions. Everything was half hearted. They simply didn't fancy playing today.

If you mean they didn’t like been chased harried and hard tackled I’d have to agree. They certainly didn’t fancy that at all. I can take losing but not being out battled. We were absolute shite today and not up for a battle.

I now have an evening of piss taking from my son in law who said “we made you look terrible” in a text I just received :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here