Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Much better chance of winning the EL than getting top 4 of EPL. Just need a lot of luck. Leverkusen and Liverpool the only clearly better teams.
What about the teams dropping out of the CL?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Roberto De Zerbi

“There were two games – one until the red card and the second game with 10 players."

“In the first one we deserved to win with more goals but because of our mistakes the result was only 1-0 - and in the second part of the game we concede."

“We have lost four points – two against Fulham and two today - to two shots on goal which is unlucky."

“In the second half before the red card we had a lot of chances to score the second goal, third goal but if we don’t close the game you have to fight until the end."

“With 10 players we could have defended better, with more order – I didn’t like that we lost order."

“In terms of attitude to win the game, I can say nothing – I think the quality of the play was very good, a great game but if you are playing like we did in the first 70 minutes you have to close the game and score two or three or four goals, not only one."

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No but playing a team who has only won one match all season , and that was lucky , plus being the worse side to play down here this season I think our fans can feel a bit disappointed,
Apparently, if you say that, you are entitled.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
It's happened twice in our last two home games. After going in front we played so slow and pointless passing which doesn't harm the opposition at all. Doesn't even titre them out, turn them around, nothing. We had to go for the jugular after our goal and get a second. Really go for them. They weren't coming out and were happy for us to play like that. really poor tactics from the team and I'm blaming Lalanna a lot as he was just screaming ate everyone to play 5 yard passes like he was. Sheffield United were buoyed by that just like Fulham were. Gutted not entitled.

It's a bit pointless getting 2 points from Fulham and Sheffield United but breaking a leg to beat one of the top 6 isn't it. Bloody Villa just streamroll the teams they should. Another 3 points thank you very much. Oh and Sheffield United have an absolute crippling injury list like us.

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
First 15 minutes we were fantastic Sheffield United back four were so high up the pitch Fati and Adringa could attack at will with balls over the top or cutting through with some great balls from Grob and Lallarna which ultimately resulted in a great goal, like everyone else I thought we would go on to win by a good number of goals instead we sat back slowed the pace allowing Sheffield to work out that even though we were cruising to a victory stopping Adingra was the answer to reducing our attack that was until the Dahood sending off they scored and THEN only then we decided to wake up to the fact we should have put this game to bed long before then.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Roberto De Zerbi

“There were two games – one until the red card and the second game with 10 players."

“In the first one we deserved to win with more goals but because of our mistakes the result was only 1-0 - and in the second part of the game we concede."

“We have lost four points – two against Fulham and two today - to two shots on goal which is unlucky."

“In the second half before the red card we had a lot of chances to score the second goal, third goal but if we don’t close the game you have to fight until the end."

“With 10 players we could have defended better, with more order – I didn’t like that we lost order."

“In terms of attitude to win the game, I can say nothing – I think the quality of the play was very good, a great game but if you are playing like we did in the first 70 minutes you have to close the game and score two or three or four goals, not only one."
On the nail, Roberto.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It's happened twice in our last two home games. After going in front we played so slow and pointless passing which doesn't harm the opposition at all. Doesn't even titre them out, turn them around, nothing. We had to go for the juggler after our goal and get a second. Really go for them. They weren't coming out and were happy for us to play like that. really poor tactics from the team and I'm blaming Lalanna a lot as he was just screaming ate everyone to play 5 yard passes like he was. Sheffield United were buoyed by that just like Fulham were. Gutted not entitled.

It's a bit pointless getting 2 points from Fulham and Sheffield United but breaking a leg to beat one of the top 6 isn't it. Bloody Villa just streamroll the teams they should. Another 3 points thank you very much. Oh and Sheffield United have an absolute crippling injury list like us.
We are all disappointed but no need to single out the juggler. I’m not sure what he did specifically!

Jimmy Grimble

He'd definitely got sloppy. He definitely gets sloppy. I guess that's just because he's played very little 90 minutes for a very long time.
But I just think a) ultimately it was unlucky and b) we shouldn't be in such a vulnerable position score-wise against a team who were as poor as anything we've seen in the first half.
I think it’s 75% sloppy, 25% unlucky. He should’ve read the situation better.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Going to put all my moans about todays game in one post -

RDZ - play your best team from the start - game probably would have been won by half time if Pedro and Mitoma had started (then you can rest them for second half)

Please don't play Lallana - his lack of pace completely slows us down - he is waving to our players in possession to slow the game down when is he is too slow to recover his midfield position. So we knock it around aimlessly while he jogs back and our impetus is lost.

EDF park and ride - excellent going (plenty of buses)- awful coming back . Surely you can lay on more than one bus to take people back ?

Roll on Brentford when I'm sure all will change for the better ! :ROFLMAO:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You mean teams like PSG ,Inter Milan , Napoli , Lazio , Porto ,Enidhoven ,
No, third place join our competition. Very few of those will finish third. More likely the likes of Lens, Copenhagen, Braga etc. Only really big team likely to drop will be from Newcastle's group.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Going to put all my moans about todays game in one post -

RDZ - play your best team from the start - game probably would have been won by half time if Pedro and Mitoma had started (then you can rest them for second half)

Please don't play Lallana - his lack of pace completely slows us down - he is waving to our players in possession to slow the game down when is he is too slow to recover his midfield position. So we knock it around aimlessly while he jogs back and our impetus is lost.

EDF park and ride - excellent going (plenty of buses)- awful coming back . Surely you can lay on more than one bus to take people back ?

Roll on Brentford when I'm sure all will change for the better ! :ROFLMAO:
There were 6 buses there 5 mins after the final whistle.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Here is a list of players that were either injured and unavailable or were clearly not fit enough to start (remember some very tired bodies after Ajax).

1. Dunk injured
2. Pervis injured
3. Lamptey injured
4. Milner injured
5. March injured
6. Enciso injured
7. Ferguson injured
8. Welbeck injured
9. Moder not played for 18 months so clearly not fit
10. Mitoma - was absolutely shattered after Ajax so not fit
11 Veltman see mitoma
12 Pedro was cramping badly with ten to go vs Ajax so no way fit enough.

Have I forgotten anyone?

8 first team players injured and completely unavailable. That includes four players who can play full back with one other full back not fit enough to start. Plus of course our captain and 4 forwards (5 if you include march as I have full back too) and 4 of them were very regular starters when fit.

I would love to see any team cope with that many injuries and players running on empty.
How about Solly?

.... We had to go for the juggler after our goal and get a second. ...
Lol what's the poor juggler done to you :) I'm not one of the anals on here who corrects other peoples mistakes (it's Jugular BTW) , its just a funny comment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here