Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Poor result but expected due to our European adventures and injuries. Still rather be playing in Europe though. Much more fun.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
One question about enjoying the ride which I personally find slightly disrespectful as a comment is would you back against the man whose money made the train leave the station in the first place? You don’t have a vision like TB’s invest millions into the infrastructure just to say oh well we had a good run lads it’s over now because Chelsea or whoever paid well over the top for a few players.

We haven’t won a few league games since European football whilst trying to deal with a truck load of injuries to important players. That’s all that has happened no ceilings are being hit.
No man is an island. I love Bloom to bits but he can’t hold back the tide. Until he becomes a petrostate, he’s going to be outgunned.

And the ceiling? I reckon that probably applies to a league position. Anything is possible when it comes to the cups.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No man is an island. I love Bloom to bits but he can’t hold back the tide. Until he becomes a petrostate, he’s going to be outgunned.

And the ceiling? I reckon that probably applies to a league position. Anything is possible when it comes to the cups.
Did anyone expect top six last season? We just need to carry on as we are and ignore all the noise and glam signings made by the oil state clubs. Losing the midfield two was a blow although it wasn’t like we had them both for four seasons. Baleba isn’t quite ready and very raw although you can see his potential tackles like Bissouma yet capable of driving from box to box like Caceido couldn’t. he will be immense.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Would just like to see us win a home game in the league , last victory At home 2nd September,
we are now playing like a Potters team , and now getting the results of a Potters team

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would just like to see us win a home game in the league , last victory At home 2nd September,
we are now playing like a Potters team , and now getting the results of a Potters team
I got laughed down on the train for this yesterday but it’s true. 35 shots yesterday, 1 goal. Inability to score a second goal / close out games is very similar to where we were. Difference being we have much better strikers / forward players than Potter had

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Did anyone expect top six last season? We just need to carry on as we are and ignore all the noise and glam signings made by the oil state clubs. Losing the midfield two was a blow although it wasn’t like we had them both for four seasons. Baleba isn’t quite ready and very raw although you can see his potential tackles like Bissouma yet capable of driving from box to box like Caceido couldn’t. he will be immense.
Yup. It'll take time but I have no doubt that this time next year Biss and Moises will be very much forgotten about. He has incredible potential.

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
Our track record in the Premier League for points/ position is 40/15, 36/17, 41/15, 41/16, 51/9, 62/6. So far this season is 19/8th from 12 games. 19/12x38=60.2. I suggest we’re on track for a decent season if we carry on at this rate. @Giraffe tracker seems to suggest pretty good news too. Sure it’s not great when we get a result like yesterday. We’ve had them before and will have them again! But we also get some incredible results against top six teams. I’ve been a fan for 50’ish years and this is a great time to be a Seagull. Our football is exciting to watch most of the time. Frustration is also part of being a fan.

It’ll (hopefully) be close for Europe come the end of the season. I much prefer it to relegation battles for the last few games of the season. Bring on Forest after the international break…

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Anything is possible when it comes to the cups.

So true!

1699891123825.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here