Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield United *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely agree about Lalanna. Away when we need to keep the ball, with the opposition pressing to get the ball, okay, but at home against a low block /petrified team I found his roll today infruitaing. Barking at everyone if they played a ball further than 10 yards.

Did anyone see Igor play the ball forward for him to run after in the channel? I have never seen anyone so slow in all my life. He had a go at Igor and Igor just held his arms out like 'how are you that slow'. I'd like to see a race between him, Gross and Igor.

I thought Lallana was so poor, shirley his last games as a player now. A poor man’s Gross or Gilmour, slowing things up, getting in the others way. Giving us a slow CM.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
But he's nuts isn't he? He's like peak Blumenthal and has probably never cooked an omelette in his life.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Perhaps they were instructed by the head chef to over-egg the pudding.😁

It dont matter how many games they have won this season or that they are the worst side to play here. Im as dissapointed as alot on here that we only drew. We did not take our chances. Its the way some expected us to just turn up and Automatically get the 3 points. Alot of our fans seem to think that. Im sure Liverpool and Man Utd fans think the same just turn up. Football is played on the pitch 11v11 at tge start of the game to make it fair, what happens in the next 90 minutes decide the outcome.
What is your first language ?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Though JPVH and Igor both had great games. Igor is such a unit... and seems to be growing in confidence to my eyes. Not seen the Dahoud red yet (or the handball shout) but was listening to JC and Warren via the BHA app (albeit it was about a minute behind which was a bit confusing at times!) but they thought it was nailed on. I was pleased to just about miss most of the rain during the match (front of the North) and hope those in the P&R queues didn't suffer too much after the game.

The international break is coming at just the right time. Think there's some work to be done behind the scenes, and a rest for some of the players is just what is needed I think. Can't quite believe that (other than doing the double over Ajax) our last clean sheet was against Brentford in July, during the US matches.

And we're just one point off being half-way to safety, taking the standard 40 points as the target for that!
The hand ball if ur a big 6 side u will get the pen 8 out of 10 times.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
I dread to think what next season will be like without fati and quite possibly mitoma. Throw in losing our midfield from last year. The scouts will have to earn there bacon.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
A strange and frustrating game.

We didn't seem to bother playing down the right but that did not matter so dominant were we first half down the left.

Them taking goal kicks. Everyone on the right and aim it Igor to head it away.

RDZ stating the bleeding obvious that we need to kill games off. Not beating the bottom team at home if you want a high finish is not on. Even those tossers up the '23 have beaten this lot.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My take on today, I just managed to finish work and get home in time to fire up the firestick. For twenty minutes we dominated cutting through the midfield, Higginbottom then packed the midfield and we were done for the rest of the game. The congestion caused a lot of fouls leading to MD eventually being sent off. Surprised we didn’t switch tactics way before the sending off and by pass the midfield or do something different.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
My take on today, I just managed to finish work and get home in time to fire up the firestick. For twenty minutes we dominated cutting through the midfield, Higginbottom then packed the midfield and we were done for the rest of the game. The congestion caused a lot of fouls leading to MD eventually being sent off. Surprised we didn’t switch tactics way before the sending off and by pass the midfield or do something different.
We did this at the start of the 2nd half. Pedro and Mitoma breathed new life in and for 10-15 mins we had them on the ropes again. However we didn’t score….
I think if we’d got the 2nd we would have scored more.
Dahoud’s red meant we had to sacrifice a forward and that was Fati. We lost our shape and composure. Going down to 10 against that shower should not have resulted in the collapse that it did.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ijust woke up and read the Sporting Life commentary, deary me.
Back to 'the Brighton way'.
All those shots on target to their 1.
Getting a red and player missing 3 games is going to be hard.
Will watch replay after work, bottom of the league clud with 1 win ffs.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I dread to think what next season will be like without fati and quite possibly mitoma. Throw in losing our midfield from last year. The scouts will have to earn there bacon.
We’ve all talked about “The Ceiling” over the years. It’s possible we might be bashing our heads against it right now.

We chuckled at the Chelsea trolls, tweeting “small club” on our socials but there’s a grain of truth there and the natural order is starting to reassert itself. There’s now the makings of a very decent team made up of our former staff. Sanchez, Cucurella, Trossard, Caicedo, MacAllister, Burn and this will soon be augmented with other departures. We can’t stop it. We simply cannot match the wages on offer from the big clubs.

This places enormous pressure on the club to keep the production line of talent flowing. It’s been doing a grand job so far but the above remark of being without Mitoma and Fati next season underscores the problem. The margin for error is slim at this level and is even slimmer once you factor in the additional demands of the Europa League. Injuries are exposing the (admittedly obvious) fact that we lack the squad depth of the bigger clubs. Imagine how this season might look if we still had all the talent we’ve had to move on.

This is NOT a complaint. It’s the nature of the beast. We’re in a fiercely competitive league and have been punching above our weight for some time. We’ve sneered at pundits suggesting we might go the way of Southampton but it’s too soon to tell if we can continue to defy football gravity.

So, as many wise folk on here have said already, enjoy the ride now because it won’t last forever. Today sucked. But we did just beat Ajax. Twice. That was pretty enjoyable, right?

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Brighton midfielder Pascal Gross to Premier League Productions:

“We lost two points today, we should kill the game - the possibility was there to do so and we didn’t.

“We go down to 10 men and conceded too easy and that was the story of the game.

“We have to be honest with ourselves, we should still win the game.

"It was in our hands, if we are better, we can kill the game – 1-0 is always a dangerous score and at the moment in the Premier League the results are not good enough."

One thing Pascal will never do is be Grossly understated. Oh well, Grossly yes, understated no.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We’ve all talked about “The Ceiling” over the years. It’s possible we might be bashing our heads against it right now.

We chuckled at the Chelsea trolls, tweeting “small club” on our socials but there’s a grain of truth there and the natural order is starting to reassert itself. There’s now the makings of a very decent team made up of our former staff. Sanchez, Cucrella, Trossard, Caicedo, MacAllister, Burn and this will soon be augmented with other departures. We can’t stop it. We simply cannot match the wages on offer from the big clubs.

This places enormous pressure on the club to keep the production line of talent flowing. It’s been doing a grand job so far but the above remark of being without Mitoma and Fati next season underscores the problem. The margin for error is slim at this level and is even slimmer once you factor in the additional demands of the Europa League. Injuries are exposing the (admittedly obvious) fact that we lack the squad depth of the bigger clubs. Imagine how this season might look if we still had all the talent we’ve had to move on.

This is NOT a complaint. It’s the nature of the beast. We’re in a fiercely competitive league and have been punching above our weight for some time. We’ve sneered at pundits suggesting we might go the way of Southampton but it’s too soon to tell if we can continue to defy football gravity.

So, as many wise folk on here have said already, enjoy the ride now because it won’t last forever. Today sucked. But we did just beat Ajax. Twice. That was pretty enjoyable, right?
One question about enjoying the ride which I personally find slightly disrespectful as a comment is would you back against the man whose money made the train leave the station in the first place? You don’t have a vision like TB’s invest millions into the infrastructure just to say oh well we had a good run lads it’s over now because Chelsea or whoever paid well over the top for a few players.

We haven’t won a few league games since European football whilst trying to deal with a truck load of injuries to important players. That’s all that has happened no ceilings are being hit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here