Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Queens Park Rangers ****Official Match Thread****

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Perhaps they should have discussed this earlier (well, maybe they did, but one or both parties dug their heels in and made it difficult) then he could have moved on in January - either on loan, or following the cancelling of his contract.

Mind you, I expect money plays a big part in all this, especially if he's on megabucks............................

It look as though Green was negotiating walking away from his contract last Summer, but the owners refused so he was stuck in limbo, unfortunately.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It look as though Green was negotiating walking away from his contract last Summer, but the owners refused so he was stuck in limbo, unfortunately.
Strange. It's hard to see who benefits from this situation (apart from Green's bank balance of course). Green's unhappy and it's costing QPR money.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not going to be easy. QPR wil crowd their midfield? Try and tire our midifelders out. Could Sidwell start?

I think I would include Bong and put Rosenoir on the right side of midfield. Knockaert a second striker in place of Wilson.

On the left side it should be Skalák ahead of Lualua or Murphy leaving no room for Baldock?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not going to be easy. QPR wil crowd their midfield? Try and tire our midifelders out. Could Sidwell start?

I think I would include Bong and put Rosenoir on the right side of midfield. Knockaert a second striker in place of Wilson.

On the left side it should be Skalák ahead of Lualua or Murphy leaving no room for Baldock?
Alternatively Hughton could play the same side that won it's last game 5-0.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I haven't been this nervous about a game since (ignoring Friday) the playoff game against Bristol City, or maybe Palace away in 2005.

I just can't concentrate at work at all at the moment. Especially when there is football on.

It's only a game for goodness sake, does it really matter who a bunch of people I don't know play against next year just because they wear a blue and white shirt?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Perhaps Stockdale could do a job up top and stick Bruno in goal. I'd like to see Goldson and Dunk on each wing also, providing some much needed girth to the midfield.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think he will go with the same 11. The only possible change is Murphy for Skalak i would imagine, no point rushing Baldock back in.

I am suprsingly calm about tonights game weirdly, not sure if thats good or bad...

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I am suprsingly calm about tonights game weirdly, not sure if thats good or bad...

Me too, but I think it's because I've spent more time fixating on Burnley v Boro than I have our own game. I'm certain Hughton will have the team fully focussed on our game but I'm now worrying myself that I'm taking three points for granted too much...

Who to partner Hemed up front?

Second striker:
A minute to go and it is still a draw, and Hemed has a chance to score, but he lays the ball into the path of an Albion player who has a one on one on the keeper. Who would you want the Albion player to be and how should be score?

Gordon Smith

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Who do QPR have that we can get uneccesarrily worried about?
I went to Cardiff v QPR on Saturday, only Matt Phillips looked alright (at times). If we play anything like we did against Fulham, expect a similar result.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I think the starting line up tonight will be the same as against Fulham, except for one change. I have a bizarre feeling that Knockaert will be left out of the squad tonight, and Murphy brought in. He played the full 90 minutes against Fulham and was excellent, but he seems to be rested quite often by Hughton. I think Skalak will be kept in the squad as his set piece delivery is good and it's been helping to create a lot of goals recently. Baldock will probably be eased back in and might make an appearance of the bench.

Despite thumping five past Fulham, I'm still incredibly nervous about tonights game. I remember the game against QPR earlier in the season and it haunts me. We have a great chance tonight as the top two play each other, but we have to make sure that we make it count.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Confident of a win but I'm feeling nervous and sick. If I was a player, I'd be throwing up before and during the game with nerves.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I reckon they'll park the bus n hit us on the break

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here