Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Portsmouth FA Cup 3rd Round ***Official Thread***

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I see we are still after Harley.I wonder if we are waiting on this result? If we win we get 67k plus the chance of a big draw so we can improve our offer.

Again if we win i see that we won't be playing Daggers again.Nice to have to play them twice towards the end of the season.We really need to add a couple of players if we get through as the fixture pile up looks quite bad.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I see we are still after Harley.I wonder if we are waiting on this result? If we win we get 67k plus the chance of a big draw so we can improve our offer.

Again if we win i see that we won't be playing Daggers again.Nice to have to play them twice towards the end of the season.We really need to add a couple of players if we get through as the fixture pile up looks quite bad.

Hope we don't go to a replay and then win that

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
a replay would be a disaster both in terms of having to play an extra match and because of the inevitability of not being able to get our share of the gate out of Portsmouth. A win today.......a good away draw against top notch opposition with the promise of a big payday.....then knocked out and focus on promotion.

Would suit me just fine

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
What do you mean we wouldn't get our share of the money from a replay. Oh yeah it's Portsmouth the cheating scum who won't even pay charities and schools etc. a couple thousand but will now sign players to ten times this a week, for probably millions of pounds in the first place! Not to mention paying their existing players prem wages rather than release them on free's to join other clubs and sign players to contracts they could afford. 2-1 win :bhasign:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A replay is out of the question , 20p in the £ for the share of the gate revenue ???

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Oh and we will attack, if they are attacking too it will be perfect for us as we control the ball only after looking to counter attack initially. If they're piling forward we will knock a couple past them and then play keep ball.

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
Teams in..... Woods Murray and Barnes all start!!!

Albion: Brezovan; Taricco, Elphick, El-Abd, Painter; Kishishev, Dicker, Bennett; Murray, Wood, Barnes. Subs: Poke, Dicker, Holroyd, Sandaza, Smith, Bridcutt, Dunk.

Portsmouth: Ashdown; Ward, Mokoena, Sonko, Dickinson; Nugent, Lawrence, Mullins, Utaka; Kitson, Kanu. Subs: Flahavan, Ciftci, Hreidarsson, Kilbey.

Yoda

English & European
Teams in..... Woods Murray and Barnes all start!!!

Albion: Brezovan; Taricco, Elphick, El-Abd, Painter; Kishishev, Dicker, Bennett; Murray, Wood, Barnes. Subs: Poke, Dicker, Holroyd, Sandaza, Smith, Bridcutt, Dunk.

Portsmouth: Ashdown; Ward, Mokoena, Sonko, Dickinson; Nugent, Lawrence, Mullins, Utaka; Kitson, Kanu. Subs: Flahavan, Ciftci, Hreidarsson, Kilbey.

Dicker both starting AND on the bench?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No OGH on the bench :ohmy:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think Sparrow starts and Dicker on the bench.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Anyone know where I can listen on line for free?
Player isn't working for me.

Currently using BBC Radio Solent (via player but you might be able to pick them up on FM) - not sure if whole match commentary here as they are also discussing Saints/Blackpool.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Portsmouth's side isn't a surprise as - because they continue to try to cheat their way out of financial ruin -it is the only side they can pick :)

I so hope Elphick has a good game - he needs it and against the strongest front line he will have faced

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
Dicker is good enough to run the midfield and have a sit on the bench!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here